Engineered Empress Part 9

Chapter9

Bia still seething, walked briskly toward Toran's dojo.

„I think I need to let off some steam. That infuriating Neanderthal may be his teammate, but he had no right to insinuate I would harm Zar." When she arrived at the hall, she only found Toran there.

"Hey big guy, do you know where Sondra is? I really need to let off some pressure. I think I never in my life got so offended. Hey even the bullying in school couldn't even begin to scratch at it." Toran's eyes shot up, seeing how worked up she was and rubbed his neck.

"Hi Bia, Sondra is meeting an old student of ours. Not sure when she'll be back, but if you wanna talk" Bia waved that notion away.

"Na... if I talk, I'll cry. And I hate my angry tears, I'll come back later." Toran looked at her scratched his beard and noted.

"You know, why don't you get your sticks and we see if you can beat me. Real live condition, no uniform and we both use every trick in the book and just let loose. It'll help get the anger out, because remember never let your anger get the better of you, or you lose your head! And please try not to maim me, I'm having company over later." Toran grinned and goaded her. Happy to get a workout, she went to the wall and got two Kali sticks.

"Twenty minutes?" he asked, and she nodded to him. He put on music on a timer to run for twenty minutes, it was a fast beat and Bia nodded to it while attacking Toran. Both gave as good as they took. Her capoeira moves combined with kali were lethal, she was a lot faster than Toran, but he had still much more reach over her with his legs. When she cornered him at the wall, he changed the gravity from 0.6 to 1.2, kicked out and switched it back to 0.6. Bia ready to fly at him at the heavy gravity missed the latest switch and shot up to the ceiling like a rubber ball. Now both were bloody in the face. "Stop cheating old man." Laughed Bia as she came at him again and got a hit in and he shot his leg out sending her scrambling out of the way.

Both combatants didn't notice that the door opened, and Sondra came in with a guest in tow. Bia attacked again, feinted and delivered a light head blow to Toran, finishing the move with a backwards jump. Midair bands of steel gripped her around her upper body, and she got tackled to the ground and somebody wrenched her arm her back. Toran turned, looked at the newcomer and just gaped at Bia, who just looked down at the arm around her chest.

Adrenaline pumped through her body. Yes, the attack surprised her, but Sondra had to come back some time. She swung around using her stick like a knife and rammed it into the body behind her. A loud oomph sounded, and her arm was free. Bia rolled away came up on her feet facing the door, where she saw Sondra standing. Using her sticks as a shield she spun around and her head swiveled to her attacker when the music stopped. That being the cue to stop the fight, she let her arms sink and took a look at who interrupted her match But she didn't see anyone behind her as from her left strong fingers seized her throat and slammed her to the ground as such forcing her breath out of her. Before she tried, if her lungs still worked, Toran body slammed her attacker off of her and secured him a few yards away.

"Are you out of your mind Damon?" he shouted, while Sondra ran to her and checked her over for injuries. "Breathe Bia, come on girl, breathe."

"Get away from her, she's dangerous!" Yelled a dark menacing but eerily familiar voice, Bia identified as Hunter's. Sondra helped her to her feet and Bia gave a faint smile as she saw Hunter incapacitated by Toran. Her teacher leaned down to Hunter and growled in a tone she never heard of him and never want tp be the recipient of.

"If you ever...dare to come in here and attack one of my students, I will take it out of your hide. I'll ground your ass up so fine they need nanites to find you. Do you understand be, boy?"