Scary Monsters/Requested

Requested by iconicbabesss

Warnings: Cursing, Fluff,

Dad!Tony

———

Tony always hated himself

(Fucking Mood)

He has the exterior which makes everyone want to roll their eyes so hard. It pisses people off sometimes when he jokes too far. His remarks are his defense mechanism.

He hates trusting people. He can only trust so many people. It takes time to actually trust them though. Bruce and Nat proved themselves worthy of his trust early on. Steve was more harder, he wanted to trust him, yet something was holding him back.

Tony was able to trust all of his teammates one by one.

So when Civil War came around, it hurt him to see familiar faces fighting against him. But they had their stances. He couldn't change that. He wish he could, so everything can go back to normal.

Then the whole fight between him and the two soldiers. Learning the truth.

That's when the nightmares began again. Actually, they never stopped.

Tony couldn't get the flashing images out of his mind. The moment he had to witness his parent's death. The way the freezing wind felt when the suit powered off. The moment Steve Rogers broke his heart, and just left him.

He cried for months after that.

He felt alone.

Except he wasn't.

You glanced at the dark figure next to the closet. Hoping it was something else than what your mind was trying to interpret it as. You grasped your Spider-Man blanket that Peter had gifted you, and walked towards your father's room.

You heard his whimpers and peeked in. Your father was moving in his sleep. His face contorted of fear.

"Daddy?" Your small voice mumbles. Tony's nightmare is more louder to him than you. His hand tries to grasp at his chest. His fingers tapping against the cold metal of the Arc Reactor.

The horrible Arc Reactor that was forced into his chest years ago. He was wide awake as they cut his chest open, they only put him under when he was thrashing too much for them to handle. His screams echoed in his dreams.

"Daddy are you ok?"

Tony gasped and his head shot up. Small beads of sweat trailed down his forehead as tears brimmed in his eyes. He gulped and looked over at you.

"Hey baby," He mumbles and tries to control his breathing. He wiped away his tears before you could see him.

"Are you ok? Did you have a nightmare?"

Tony smiled softly at you and motioned you over. He picked you up and placed you next to his bed.

"Yeah, but Daddy's okay now. What woke you up?"

"The dark," You admitted shamefully. Tony noticed your face drop and frowns.

"Hey, don't be ashamed. I'm afraid of the dark too you know," He says and kisses your forehead. Your eyes go wide at your father revealing his fear of the dark.

"You know who else is afraid of the dark?"

You shake your head, awaiting his answer.

"Peter,"

You gasp, Peter was such a brave brother. You always looked up to him. Tony nods and pulls you closer to him. He finally lays back down, able to calm down.

Tony glanced down at you, he notices your eyes glancing at the soft blue light his arc reactor let off. He frowned, thinking it was annoying you.

"If you want, Daddy can cover the light?"

You shook your head, snuggling closer to him. Tony felt his heart warm and bit his lower lip to keep from crying.

He pecked the top of your head and, finally had a good night of sleep.