Chapter Six~His Charisma, Is A Cover Up

*2596 words*

I starred down at Eli's bed head. He had his hands around my waist and was using my chest as a pillow. His neck will probably hurt when he wakes up. I looked over at the clock. 4am. I should probably try and get some sleep, but I didn't plan on staying the night, so I didn't bring any of my medicine. I closed my eyes though, because I told Eli I'd sleep, so I should at least try.

I felt someone poke my cheek, and I could hear the commotion of the early morning

I felt someone poke my cheek, and I could hear the commotion of the early morning. The smell of pancakes and bacon filled the air, along with laughter and I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face.

"Ace." Eli said in a giggly voice. I groaned and rolled over stuffing my face into the couch. "Ace, wake up." He laughed.

I peeled open my eyes and looked down at him. He was still laying on me, and his hair was very messy, but he made it work. "Hi." I said with a sleepy smile. I rubbed my eyes and stretched.

"Hi." He laughed. He rolled off of me and stood up, grabbing his sketchbook and pencil. "My mom made breakfast. Angie's already upstairs." He said.

I sat up, and stretched again before running my fingers through my hair, which was surprisingly not in large knots. "Did the rain stop?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

He nodded. "For now." He held his hand out to me. "Alrighty, let's go."

I laughed and took his hand, as we walked upstairs to the dining room.

Lena was sitting across from Col and Odi, while Angie sat arguing with a red headed boy I don't remember meeting.

Eli sat down next to Angie and I sat down next to him.

"Ace, this is Caleb, my younger brother. He's a freshman." Eli said turning to look at the red headed boy. Caleb gave me a small wave, before returning to his argument with Angie. "They can never agree on anything." Eli whispered to me.

I laughed and nodded. "Neither can Rachel or Mel."

"Ace, do you have to go home soon?" Lena asked. "And help yourself to the food." She said with a kind smile gesturing to the plates.of breakfast food in front of us.

"Oh, thank you." I said picking out a pancake and a few pieces of bacon. "And no, I don't have to go home soon. I just have to be home by 5, which is when we have dinner." I said munching on some bacon.

"Oh! That's right." Eli exclaimed setting down his fork. "Ace invited me over for dinner tonight. Can I go?" Eli asked his mom. She thought for a moment, then nodded. "Perfect!" He said clapping his hands together before digging back into his breakfast.

"What should we do today?" Angie asked.

Lena looked from Eli, to his sisters, then gave Eli an innocent look.

"Eli..." She began. "Can you take the girls out today?" She asked pleadingly.

"Mom..." Eli groaned. "I'm supposed to be hanging out with my friends today."