Chapter Eleven~Careine?

*1174 words*

Alright so before u read this I recommend you go read chapter 10 cuz it had a lot of mistakes and I ended up changing a new characters appearance, so at the least I recommend you read the pride parade/picnic scene

Eli sat underneath the desk, with his knees pulled to his chest and his eyes wide. He looked like his skin had shattered. Petrified and as though he wasn't looking at anything. Just looking at the air. His eyes looked like cracked marbles. He looked frozen, but as though his entire life had shattered in front of him.

"Excuse me?" The man had asked. He had blonde hair, brown eyes, and he had smile wrinkles, and cross necklace. I had a bad feeling about this. "Is something wrong?"

I managed to tear my gaze away from Eli. "Yes, everything is fine sir." I said it cheerfully, yet my hands were trembling. It was quite late, around seven pm, so I didn't think he'd be dropping anyone off, and he didn't have a kid with him, but it was protocol to ask. "Are signing a child in or out?" I asked signing into the computer.

"I'm... I'm, uh, picking up." He said hesitantly. He looked like he was up to something.

"Names?" I asked going to the search bar. I stole another glance ant Eli. His eyes were a starting to turn a soft pink, and he had tears coating his eyes. He had his hand over his mouth, and I could tell he was trying not to breathe. Eli, what's going on?

"Odette and Colette Adalin." He said as though he was unsure of himself.

I froze. But, Eli said he was taking them home today. Maybe things changed and he didn't tell me. I pulled up Col and Odi's profiles in separate tabs.

"What's your name sir?" I asked scrolling down to look at the often, and every so often lists.

"Ross. Ross Wilder." He said firmly.

"I'm sorry sir but I can't-" I froze. I had scrolled to the list of people who weren't allowed to sign the child out. Both Col and Odi had one name on theirs.

Ross Wilder- Father

My stomach dropped. I looked down at Eli. He had his eyes squeezed shut tightly, a hand over his mouth, and the other held his knees to his chest. He was shaking really badly, and I could see his hand digging into the skin around his mouth.

"Is there a problem?" Ross, Eli's dad, asked angrily.

"Yes, sir. There is. See here we keep contacts for the people who will be picking up the child often and every so often." He swallowed. "And, we also have a list of people who are not allowed to pick the child up under any circumstances, for the child's safety." Ace paused. "Sir, it's just, I can't let Col and Odi go with you. I'm not allowed to."

"Col? Odi? Why the hell are you calling them that? Only people they know them that." He hissed.

Dude, chill. It's a nickname. "Sir, I spend quite a lot of time with them, since they are here quite a lot, and since I do go to their house to see my-" Shit! Ace shut up! Shut up! Shut the hell up! Bad! I internally face palm. Holy crap why did I- oh no.

"Your what?" He said through clenched teeth. I could see fire burning in his sharp intense eyes.

The door opened, and I saw someone walk it. It was the last person I'd expect. It was the girl from the picnic. Has she been here before how do I know her?

She looked up from her phone as she walked in, and she blowing bubblegum.

"Hey, Dad. I know you told me to stay in the car, but I got curious and it was getting cold." She said walking up to Eli's dad.

Wait. That girl called him...dad. Eli's sister? No that's not possible.

"C-Careine?" I ask taking a step back.

She looks over at me, and her eyes go wide. "Ace?" She says tilting her head at me. "Oh my God I can't believe it's you." She said covering her mouth.

I walked around the counter and go to give her a hug, but Eli's dad gets in the way.

"Stay away from my daughter." He growls.

Careine pushes past him, and hugs me tightly. "No Dad, it's okay! This is Ace! His family fostered me for a year." She said.

Oh. Eli's dad, adopted her.

"I don't care." He grabs Careine and pulls her back. "Why the hell have you been to my house?" He says.

I looked to Careine. She looked confused and scared. I stand a little straighter and look him in the eye. I take a deep breath. "I have been to Col and Odi's house, because their older brother is my boyfriend."

I could see smoke coming out of his ear. "That fag is alive?" He chuckled maliciously.

"Sir!" I exclaimed. "We don't talk like that here. Now I'm going to ask you to leave." I said angrily and taking a step forward.

"Not with out my daughter's sinner!" He screamed.

"Sir, if you don't leave right now I will call the cops." I said standing my ground. I walked back around the counter and picked up the phone.

"But they're my kids! I'm their dad!" He said threateningly.

"Eli is your kid too. And you abandoned him, and Col and Odi. Sir, leave." I said starting to disk the number for the police department.

"He's not my kid. I disowned the smug motherfucker." He growled.

"I'm giving you one last chance to get the fuck out." I demanded.

He huffed and grabbed Careine's wrist. "Let's go."

"B-but Dad!" Careine said as he pulled her out.

The door shut and I let out the breath I was holding.

Eli jumps up from his seat underneath the desk, stumbles quickly over to the trashcan, and pukes. I ran over and rubbed his back and ran my fingers through his hair.

He lifted his head, and took the tissue I offered. He wiped his mouth and put his head against my chest. I wrapped my arms around him, and I could tell he was struggling to stand. I pulled him down to the floor, and leaned against the wall. I pulled him into my lap and held him tightly running my fingers through his hair and rubbing his back.

"Nothing bad is gonna happen, alright?." I said simply. "I'll protect you."

I hold him tightly as he done into my chest. His dad just attempted to take away his sisters. Is be crying too. Careine... She was at the picnic. Is she an ally, or a member of the community? Either way, she's going to get hurt. Hope can I protect someone, that I don't even have the right to protect anymore?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES ELI'S DAD OMG THIS WAS A DOOZY TO WRITE