Chapter Eight~Soft

*3224 words*

*Ace's and Eli's parents yeet^^*

*Ace's family's pets yeet^^*

I stood up, pulled my jacket on, and grabbed my phone and keys off of Ace's desk.

I tapped Angie on the shoulder and she turned to me, in the middle of a sentence as she talked with Danny. She turned back to Danny with a sigh and stood up. Ace stood as well, and we all headed downstairs.

I waved goodbye to Ace's mom and siblings, who were sittitng in the living room.

"See you tomorrow." I said giving Ace a quick hug before turning to Danny. "It was really nice to meet you." I said giving her a hug as well.

"Yeah." Danny said giving Angie a hug as well. "It was super nice meeting both of you." She said smiling up at Ace.

Angie opened the door, and we walked down the driveway towards my car, when I heard the door to the house open behind me.

I turned around and saw Danny skipping down the stairs of their front porch, and jogging over to me.

"Can I talk to you for minute?" She asked.

I turned to Angie, who nodded, and I tossed her the keys before turning back to Danny. "Sure. What is it?" I asked.

"Well," She started. "I just wanted to say thank you."

"For what?" I asked giving her a confused look.

"For being patient." She had sweet, round eyes and her cheeks were lightly dusted with freckles and a natural rosy glow. She looked innocent, naive, and gullible. But I have a feeling that she isn't any of these things, because at the same time she looked strong and gave off I-will-fuck-you-up-if-have-to-but-right-now-I-trust-you-comepletely vibes. She ran her hand through her hair with a sigh, and looked up at me. "Since I met him, he has carried more anger and pain than a thousand armies could bare. He was betrayed, deceived, and hurt by someone who he thought he could trust." I eyed her curiously, and then I realized who she was talking about. Rachel's boyfriend, the one that raped her... "He lost someone who made sure to put a smile on everyone's face, at least once a day. Believe me when I say, he has crossed hell twice, and he has survived. He has been through so much, and it broke him. He's just started to heal, and move on." She locked her eyes with mine, and shot knives at me with her gaze. "If you hurt him, I will break you." She said sharply.