Chapter Ten~He Took My Breath Away

*4586 words*

I never thought I'd do so much in one week. It went by too fast. We went roller skating, to a haunted house, to the zoo, and had a lot of fun at work too. Sam has become good friends with Col and Odi, which is nice, though I think Rin is jealous. Angie went back to her house to see if she could get in. She couldn't. Her mom threatened to call the cops. Elle turned 16 and Nia passed her exams, so we celebrated. Time passed so quickly, I thought I would wake up one morning to find that a year had passed.

It's a few hours before Caleb's Halloween party, and Ace and I are on a walk eating ice cream, which I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot.

"My cousin Cas got her service dog yesterday." Ace said eating his ice cream. As we walked, his hair, which I had put up in a half up half down braid, bounced with every step. I've been doing his hair a lot.

"Really? That's great. Is she out of the hospital yet?" I asked taking a spoonful of my ice cream.

"Yeah she is. She's actually coming over tonight. Mind if she comes to the party?" He asked tossing his empty ice cream cup in a trash can.

"Sure." I shrugged sitting down on the swing set. "I'm happy she's doing better."

"Me too. Hopefully this won't happen again." Ace sighed sitting in the swing next to me.

"Angie is going nuts about the party." I sighed.

"Yeah, about that, how do you feel about it? Because if you want we can always ditch and hangout at my place." Ace suggest.

"I wish I could, but Mom wants me to supervise." I mumbled putting air quotes around supervise.

"That sucks. Well, I'll see if I can find you when I get there. We can meet...by the movie shelf in your basement."

I nodded. "Sounds perfect."

"I'm taking Col and Odi to Uncle Joe's house to spend the night and hang out with Freya

"I'm taking Col and Odi to Uncle Joe's house to spend the night and hang out with Freya. Anything breakable goes in my room." Mom said pulling her purse over her shoulder and taking Col and Odi's hands. "No drinking, I expect the house to be spotless when I get back tomorrow afternoon. And I expect to not see people passed out on the front lawn. Got it?"

"Aye aye captain!" Caleb exclaimed.

"And Eli," I snapped my head up from the ground. "Keep your brother out of trouble." She said. I nodded. "Love you, have fun!" And with that, mom was out the door.

I got to work on teenage proofing the house, while Caleb texted everyone to bring beer. Idiots.

 Idiots