02|Protect the Youngest

What am I supposed to do, When the best part of me was always you•

•What am I supposed to do, When the best part of me was always you•

Evelyn's Pov

Fourteen year old girls should never go to parties alone! I repeat, fourteen year old girls should NEVER go to parties alone!

"Okay, I know she was here last night. Where is she now?" I ask the boy again.

"I have no idea."

"You don't know where she is? Or have even the slightest clue as to where she went?"

"No."

"You better be telling the truth or so help me I will..."

"Okay, Okay. Jeez woman. Windsor went home with Jack last night. I haven't seen either of them since." He explains.

"Where does this Jack guy live?"

"Head out on the main road, then turn left. He's the first house there."

I storm out of the house, leaving the guy standing there shocked. I take off down the main road, using the directions I was given to locate Jack's house.

I pound on the door, but I get no response. I sigh in frustration and bang on the door some more. No response.

"Jack! Windsor! You better open up right now before I kick this door in!" I scream.

No reply comes. The door remains closed.

"You have been warned."

I'm about to kick the door in, but something stops me. A boy opens the door, wearing only a pair of jeans.

"Windsor left an hour ago."

"What?"

"She left. She said she had enough of my bull and walked out the door."

"Ugh. Do you know where she went?"

I hear a small sound from the room behind him.

"Tell her no." The person whispers.

"I can hear her."

"That's not her. That's...uh...my cousin."

"Roll tide." I whisper sarcastically.

"She's not here, so you can leave."

"You tell her to come out now or I'm calling the police and sending them straight here. I'll even wait in the front yard 'til they get here."

His face turns pale and he sighs, clearing a path form the doorway to the room I heard Windsor in. She stands there, looking shocked and betrayed.

"Go home, Win."

She sighs and reluctantly starts her journey home.

"Thanks, Jack."

"You're welcome..." He pauses.

"Eve."