09|Odd Feelings

We're not on the same page, you don't even know me•

•We're not on the same page, you don't even know me•

Evelyn's Pov

"Can you throw me another box?"

I sit in my bedroom floor, packing up everything. There's not much, but there's enough to require three boxes.

I toss clothes into one box, then I throw random things into another box. I grab my one pair of shoes, a black pair of ratty converse, and put them on.

"We can put these in my truck." Blayne says.

I nod as I carry the boxes into the hallway and to the elevator. I press the button and we head down to the truck.

"Thanks for helping." I smile.

"No problem."

He opens the tailgate and we shove the boxes inside. I push the last box into the back of the truck.

Blayne and I both reach for the tailgate to close it, which causes our hands to brush together. An odd feeling rushes through me and I pull my hand away.

"We should...uh...help mom."

We walk back inside and start packing up the things in the kitchen. After several hours, the whole apartment is packed up and ready to go.

We load everything into Blayne's truck and mom's car. Blayne, Jonah, and I get into the truck and Windsor rides with mom.

"I'm hungry." Jonah complains.

"There'll Be Food when we get there." I sigh.

I lean my head against the window, watching the old building fade from my view.

You will be missed.