Chapter 23 - Princess Natshya and Lady Irina

The witch looked around the room it was very small and had a bed, everything was fine however it was very sad and empty. When he laid on the bed did he feel his body feel as if it didn't belong to him, his head felt like it was spiralling and his thoughts were hard to connect. But one thing that wasn't difficult to fathom was how much he missed Dez. Each moment he was away his stomach felt heavy, previously he was sure Dez would come back however now he wasn't so sure.

"Dez" the boy began sobbing snot and tears falling freely down his face. "I miss you so much" his sobs were harsh, they forced him to get caught up in a stream of coughs. Soon in the lonesome room, the soft sobbing became silent, as he shortly fell in a slumber.

***

"Affirm your affair, My lady, why do you wish to seek an audience with the Princess?"

Irina scowled internally, this was something she absolutely hated, everything related to the princess she hated, she hated her servants, she hated her pointlessly huge Palace, she hated her face, her voice, her hair, her arrogance.

Nothing about the princess was redeeming even her title is useless. As the instant, Ares conquered this land and it became Bel-Thar and the previous royalty perished her title became useless; empty. A more fitting title would be 'the hostage'. Irina force down her scowl and annoyance, "it's a private matter I'd rather relay it to her myself"

The maidservant sized her carefully before opening, "fine, I'll inform the princess and ask for her opinion", she lifted her dreary dress and flicked her head away before leaving through the door's that loomed before them.

Irina took a deep breath trying to find it within herself not to lash out at the servant, her attitude was inconceivably rude. Her family wasn't even highborn yet she treats her who's of higher birth in such a standoffish manner. It really nagged at her, stomaching it was gradually gnawing at her mindset.

The door's opened once again, "Come in" the servant said with a flushed face, which was clearly from running around. Irina peered about, the princess quarters seemed to be bigger than when she last had business with her. Everything, of course, was beautiful, perfect even, and as usual, the luxurious gold-black décor seemed to be endless.

It was uncouth in Irina's opinion, for a princess to sport such a colour, but each person to themselves. If it were left up to her it would be pink, white and silver, more comfortable welcoming colours.

Irina entered the room and there she was, hair so red you could feel the heat, sharp yellow eyes like Amber, rosy apple face. It was disgusting she hated this face, a face like this wasn't supposed to exist; it was nauseating almost.

Behind the princess, there were several servants, some standing idle and others assisting with some fabric that seemed to form a dress. And the princess herself seemed to be weaving complicated work completely from scratch.

Irina wasn't in the slightest pleased about the crowd that didn't seem to be going anywhere, she wasn't even acknowledged. Before she was about to feign a cough to steal the princesses focus, the princess herself intercepted, "you wanted something? What is it?" She didn't even look up from the dress.

Irina was a whole year older than this pompous little princess, and yet she treated her with so much disregard. She dug her nails deep into her palms, then she came to realise that it was better than she wasn't looking at her, it actually gave her a sense of relief. Otherwise, her fake smile would be seen-through immediately.

"Princess", she said, as soon those words left her mouth, with such fake fawning as if they were close, she immediately wanted to regurgitate in disgust, even so, she continued, "His majesty seemed to have found someone he's interested in, and she is quite the rare beauty" even better looking than you she wanted to add. But held back as today she didn't have time to be smart.

"So", the princess carefully passed the needle to the servant and then got handed a pair of scissors.

Not getting any sort of insightful reaction from the princess put Irina in a disappointing and embarrassing condition, she could've at least said something else or showed anger or anything.

"It's dangerous if she doesn't understand how things are, what if she asks his Majesty to get rid of you or me, his patience for us is wavering..." she tried.

"I'm not interested Lady Irina of Bel-Vallar, so I would like it if you leave", The princess quickly cut her off leaving Irina with distasteful sleet of anger in her mouth

All the servants looked Irina's way and she knew that was her queue to leave, the boiling anger brewing in her throat could only be held down with reasoning and willpower. So afraid to let anything out Irina sealed her mouth shut, not even a smile could be seen.

'Pure, kind, untouched adored princess of Bel-Thar, Princess Natshya Ezra of the Rozeous line, all of it was a joke beloved by whom? not their king. Kind, untouched, pure? it was all a joke, all empty titles adorned by those who've never met her. If she has no place in his majesty's sheets then she has no purpose, her pride was a pointless façade and none of it fooled Irina. Not her darling, anybody but Irina'.

....Yaay another pov srry very srrrrrryy. I know soon guys next chappy and well get back to the mains....