Chapter 36 - "Don't fear me"

A few days had passed and Sera had not seen even a trace of Natashya, nor heard any word of her. A feeling began to burrow in his chest. It made him feel uncomfortable and somehow lost. Eating was hard when he couldn't taste a thing, so more often than not he'd leave his meal untouched. His wounds had healed a lot.

Shortly after Ingrim visited, as usual, Sera was sure Ingrim knew something. But to his disappointment Ingrim only came with his usual disposition and tried to make him eat rather than answering a simple question.

Ingrim was therefore met with Sera's silent disinterest and disassociation, even after suggesting to visit the garden. Sera simply stood and slowly floated to his bed bypassing Ingrim's large figure.

Without even a single yawn Sera closed his eyes. Ingrim heaved a heavy sigh and left bringing the servants along with him.

Sera felt a momentary shift and where his head rested it now slanted with the bed.

"I hear that you are despairing so much so you refuse to eat a single meal", Ares cool voice washed over him easily wiping his sleepiness away.

"Where's Nats?" he asked in a sulking manner.

Ares who'd previously carried a smile now clenched his mouth, "She's alive and that's all I will say"

"When can I finally see her?"

"Why?" now Ares couldn't rein in his expanding irritation, "Is it you've taken a fancy to her?"

Sera didn't even flinch at his question, "What?" he asked frowning in uncertainty.

Ares breathed out even more annoyed than before and held his forehead, "When you see Natashya do you yearn to hug or kiss her."

Sera thought about it he imagined Natashya smiling and holding his hands, he felt his face grow hotter until it felt almost stifling. "I think so," he answered covering his face with the blanket.

For a moment silence filled the room.
"Good" Ares spoke through gritted teeth. He didn't waste time in standing and shortly paced to the door.
"I hope you haven't forgotten that you owe me". Without waiting for a reply, he swiftly left the room and slammed the door shut.

Sera breathed out a sigh he didn't realise he was holding and relaxed his head back onto the bed.

It was a long time until the servants returned. However, this time for some reason there was more than usual and each carried various things.

He was gently guided out by a set of them, non that he could remember. But strangely enough, they were each of mature age, having a varying set of greying hair.
He had ended up in the bathhouse that was as large as a lake. He was prodded and poked continuously by the women. They placed so many different scents on him it made him dizzy.

Usually, Sera didn't mind the soothing effects of his body being hugged by the water, but now in the audience of the women, Sera was less sure of that sentiment.

After what felt like a gruelling hour or so, the scrubbing was finished. And all but one of the older servant women left the bathhouse.

She put something onto her fingers and spoke passively, "I need you to hold your knees and bend forward for me"

Sera hesitated but followed the instructions in a clumsy attempt, "lower" she said, there was a cold sensation that prodded at his exit. A feeling of overwhelming discomfort and a sense of invasion made Sera recoil in horror, he spun around to protect his rear.

Facing the boy's alertness and possible anger her shoulders fell back as she sighed, "His majesty requires you to be well lubricated, otherwise you'll get injured," she tried to explain.