Chapter 30 - Turmoil

Sera didn't know how long he ran for and couldn't see where he was going in the darkness, but all he knew was that he couldn't stop. Again, people wanted to hurt him, he didn't want to leave the lady, but he didn't want her to get hurt because of him.

Each time it was the same he was always chased away and hurt each time he went to a new place they would chase him away with sticks and stones or other things. Sera had already long since lost count of the number of villages he's been to. It was only Dez's presence that kept him from truly feeling alone. But now he felt it more than ever, the pains of loneliness.

Every leap he took made he legs tremble in pain, each breath he inhaled squeezed his throat dry. No matter much he ran, they were still close, his eyes began to feel blurry and his throat tasted of blood.

Sera couldn't help but peek behind and his foot tangled under the other he crashed to the floor. His breaths caught up to him quickly and he couldn't find himself getting back to his feet. As if the moment he fell his energy and remaining strength fell too.

All he wanted to do was sleep, he didn't do anything wrong he shut his blurry eyes for a moment and there they were so close he could hear the hooves of horses nearby.

"Terrible runner, aren't you? Witch"

------

Blood and sweat stained Natashya she was breathless, she could finally collapse onto the floor as each being that challenged her was sprawled all around her. Lifeless.

Immediately she wanted to find the boy but she knew it wasn't smart all her energy was diminished; her wound didn't stop bleeding and it was dark. As long as she got to the castle, she could get reinforcements it was dark if he ran far enough surely, he could getaway.

Her mind was made it was the best decision, eventually, she got up and found a horse under the dark sky.

She rode as fast as she could the boy was counting on her; each second was vital.

The massive gates closed behind her and a dozen maids surrounding her one helping her exhausted body off the horse another wrapping a blanket over her.

"Your highness, a bath has been drawn for you, but a medic will take care of your wounds first,"

Natashya would've pushed their smothering bodies aside if it wasn't for the lack of strength in her body to do that. Instead, she raised her voice "No first of all where is Ingrim, I need to speak to him"

"Somebody has already sent for him, whether he comes..."

The maid was reluctant to finish her words and Natashya knew why.
Whether it was the castle servants or the castle guards Ingrim held authority over them. He was of a special position and was said to be of very high nobility and only the master of the house had the authority to order him, so if it were a concubine to order him, he could very much ignore her.

But her own case was quite difficult, and never had she behaved presumptuously or stepped over the servants like they were garbage. This was practically her first time truly asking for anything, she needed Ingrim to show up even if he didn't need to.

She hoped that at least her obscurity and lack of problems caused by her allowed Ingrim to drop whatever duties and listen to her desperate plea.

To her enormous relief she saw him in the distance, passing her maids she limped over to him and before he could react to the state of her being, she rushed to the more pressing matters "The boy name Sera, he was with me, now he's in danger"

She could see Ingrim was taken aback, not much could make this stone-cold faced man move. And even she couldn't tell the reason for his difficult expression, whether it was her dishevelled and wounded appearance or the news of the boy, but the thought was of no importance.

"He needs help immediately", she further argued.

Ingrim's initial shock quickly disappeared and was replaced with a stern distant attitude "I understand I will gather the troops. Tell me where exactly he went"

"I will come too" Natsashya tried.

That won't be necessary you can focus on getting healed, after all, I'm sure you did enough damage as it is"

Ingrim was always sharp and forthcoming with his words and she didn't like this game; whether he was actually advising her or insinuating something. It massively irritated her but she didn't want to delay anything for something like her pride, so she conceded.

The castle was in turmoil people were always moving about, guards have constantly shifted around and knights entered and left continuously. Currently, Ares still had yet to return at this point Natashya was pacing up and down her robes were loose and her hair wasn't tied up.

It had already been two days and still no news she felt her heart was in her stomach, Ingrim had not discussed much with her so she took it upon herself to gather information herself. Everything the maids knew she was aware, from what the boy means to Ares to what has also happened to him.

It already wasn't a good look that she has been associated with the boy unattended and that because of her he's not only out of handling but also in danger. She currently wasn't in good waters but that didn't matter.

She ended up at Irina's quarters she didn't bother knocking before forcing the door open, the maids look flustered and wanted to say something but they swallowed any of that sentiment. "What did you do to Sera",

Irina was sitting getting her hair adjusted until she gestured the maid to stop, she actually giggled before speaking, "I haven't the slightest clue to what you are insinuating". She turned around to face her and she raised her eyebrows overdramatically," Your hair really needs some help, do you wish for me to send my maid"

"Don't be so deplorable Irina. Right now, you have made the biggest mistake and his majesty won't let any of us off when he returns. Me I'll be confined to my quarters, at most, but you...the moment your head leaves and wishes for your neck, is when you'll realise how much your worth is,"

Irina's face was no longer smiling as if things were nothing but a joke, her frown seemed almost unnatural for her, "Get out!" she screamed throwing the nearest item to her. 

OOoooh the situation is only getting worse...and did Natashya make the right decision??

Those two unchaperoned Is just a recipe for disaster...