Chapter 9: The situation at home

Lily's POV

After last night, I had some hope that things might change. I felt really relieved that Emily felt the same about this situation as I did. It felt good to have someone that was by my side.

Before, whenever an issue occurred, I could always turn to Marianne or Esmee or Ben, but now I felt so lonely. They all chose Catherine's twisted side. No one seemed to even consider my side, and I didn't know why.

I sighed as I got dressed in my clothes for the day. I was looking at myself in the mirror and suddenly questioned all the choices I made in my life so far. Did I really make the right choice by marrying Catherine? Did I really have to leave my family? Did I really choose this life?

Suddenly the door swung open violently and in came my one and only. "What the hell?!"

I looked at Catherine. I was shocked to see how angry she was, and some part in me told me to be careful. I didn't want to be Lilian 2.0. "Catherine?"

She stopped right in front of me, fuming with anger. "You lied to me!"

I looked down. It was clear that the talk with Emily didn't go as planned, though I didn't expect it would have. "I'm sorry," I looked at her, tears forming in my eyes. "I just couldn't do it. I am yours, I don't want to get involved with anyone else. I... I just want you." I ended up crying at the end of my sentence.

And Catherine seemed to calm down. Her facial expression softened as she wrapped her arms around me.

I held her close to me, hugging her tightly. I cried in her arms for a while, and it felt good. I finally felt the support of my one and only.

____________________________

Catherine kissed my head. We had been laying in bed for a while. I was laying on her chest, my arms and legs wrapped around her as she had wrapped her arms around me. She was caressing my body occasionally.

"I'm sorry, haewa," Catherine said quietly. "I guess I was so consumed by the future and the curse that I forgot about the happiness of my own family."

"I understand your concerns, I'm just... I just can't do it."

"I know," She kissed my head again, calming me down once more. "Because you're mine."

"Yours only." I whispered.

Catherine let out a breathy chuckle. "I know," She caressed my back a few times before releasing a deep breath. "I just want you and Emily to try it once though."

And suddenly, as fast as I had calmed down, my sadness and stress came back. "What?" I then pulled back, sitting up. "But I can't, I - "

"You can," She said as she caressed my face. "One time, haewa, that's all."

I looked down, unable to comprehend this. I thought everything was alright, I thought we had just cleared the air, I thought we were past this...

"Haewa," She made me look her in the eyes. "One time. Do it for me, ok?" She looked me in the eyes, begging me to do this for her. "For me, ok?"

I looked down.

"Ok?" She said once more. She made me look at her again, she wouldn't let go of this and I knew it. "Ok?"

With pain in my heart, I said yes.

____________________________

Emily's POV

"Hey Emily." Miss Keller smiled a bit at me.

I smiled too. I enjoyed the talks we were having every day after school. I loved it. And what I appreciated the most is that she not only made time for this but she also gave me her full attention. Each and every time. Everything else had to wait until we were done talking.

"So, how did it go?"

I slowly nodded. "I survived," I thought back at this morning, how angry zaezzes was. I have been so worried about mom all day. But I could feel she was alright, physically. "I don't know how things will be when I get home though."

Miss Keller tilted her head a bit. "Do you expect things to be bad?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

I sighed. How would I even explain this to her? I can't go into any details, and it's so hard not to. "Because one of my moms is very stubborn."

Miss Keller nodded. "I remember you telling me that," She sighed as she looked down, at her notes. "Are you suffering in this situation?" She looked at me. "I mean," She looked away a bit, thinking, before looking at me again. "Does this badly affect your school work?"

I raised my eyebrows. This question got me confused. Miss Keller wouldn't ask about school normally, let alone about my work. She'd keep to the personal things, the situation at home.

"Is it?" She repeated, though I could clearly hear she was unsure about her question.

And I knew something had changed. "No," I sat up. "I'm fine."

"Good," She scribbled on her noted before looking at me again. Though, when she was looking at me, she looked away immediately too. "I think we can end our talk here today." She started cleaning her desk, getting ready to go home.

And I was confused. I stood up. "What's going on?" I asked as I saw she was clearly rushing. Was she trying to get away from me? Or maybe she had an appointment?

"Nothing," She smiled a bit, though I could see she was nervous. "Why?" She put on her jacket.

I raised one eyebrow. "What's going on?" I walked closer to her and noticed her folding her arms, as if putting up a front for me. I looked at that and then at her, and I could see she knew what I was referring to. "Miss, is everything alright?"

She gulped.

"Miss?"

She looked me in the eyes, and then a glaze went over her eyes. A glaze I didn't really know what that was. It was almost... Magical... 

Then I gulped as my eyes widened. "You're right," I took my backpack and jacket. "See you another time, Miss." I then left her office and went straight to my grandpa's car.