Chapter 30: The Mother Superior's house

Emily's POV

I wondered... I wondered how the CAT knew I would be at Jen's house. More importantly, I wondered how they knew who I was. How did they know? How did they find me?

They must've had help from within. I see no other way. Maybe Riley and Suzy ratted me out. Or maybe Jen's mother... Perhaps it was Riley and Suzy, that'd make more sense. But how did they know who I was? I never told them...

The two soldiers who caught me belonged to a high rank in the CAT. One of them was in charge, he looked older and thus more experienced. On our way to the CAT building, they wouldn't tell me who they were or how they found me.

But when we entered the CAT building, they brought me to a little room. An interrogation room, I'd say.

"I'm asking you one more time," The senior of both soldiers said, he was leading the interrogation. "Where does your mother hide?"

I huffed as I looked away. As if I'd tell them this information...

The other soldier came closer. "We found you, it's only a matter of time before we'll find your family and destroy all of you," He looked at me then, disgust in his eyes. "You monsters!"

"Speak for yourself!"

The soldier got up, as if wanting to attack me, but the senior pulled him down again. He looked at me. "About 15 years ago, two women were trapped inside a house. We had received a report from one of them, warning us that they might be caught by them."

I slowly nodded, unsure what he was getting at.

"So we had watched those two women from afar and indeed, they were caught and trapped inside a house," The senior sighed. "So we followed them to the house and observed the giant mansion."

I kept nodding.

"When we found a hole in their security system, we broke through and entered the house. We successfully saved the two women but unfortunately had to say goodbye to 4 other women," He looked at me then. "I've always thought it was funny how easy we got into the Mother Superior's house," He chuckled to which my eyes widened. "And by the looks of it, you still live in that house." He smirked.

I gulped. 

"That's all we needed to know." He and his partner got up.

"W-wait!"

But they didn't wait, they had what they wanted... "By the way," The senior came back into the room. "Just because I found you in my house doesn't mean you'll get an easier sentence."

I frowned. "Your house?"

He nodded. "I'm glad Riley and Suzy informed me about the relationship between my daughter and you," He said, making me drop my jaw a bit. "At least I was in time to save her." He then left.

"Wait!" I started pulling on the handcuffs that were tied to my arms and the chair I was seated in. "Wait!"

___________________________

Lily's POV

I was seated in the living room as I looked through a photobook.

"What are you doing?" Marianne asked as she sat down with me. "Photos?"

I nodded. "I love looking at my memories," I smiled then as I saw pictures of my wedding with Catherine, baby pictures of Emily, pictures of Emily and Catherine, or pictures of the three of us. "She grew up so fast..."

"She did indeed," Marianne sighed happily. "Just like her mother."

I looked at Marianne. "Are you referring to me or Catherine?"

She smiled. "Both."

I nodded before looking at the pictures again. I went over a baby picture of Emily. "She was so little back then."

"When you'll become a grandmother, you can make new memories with your grandchild."

I looked at Marianne again and smiled. "More pictures."

"Exactly," She chuckled. "Way more pictures."

Suddenly soldiers came to us. "Milady," They bowed, as it was protocol. "We have to get you out of here, fast!"

I got up. "What's going on?"

They gulped. "The CAT found us."

My eyes widened. "Lead the way."

We hurried to the back of the house. Peter and Ben had been waiting in the car. "Quickly, get in!" The soldiers practically pushed me in the car. Marianne entered too before Peter drove away from the house.

I gulped as I looked back to the house, immediately I saw the CAT soldiers invade the property. I turned back around and sighed. "We won't have a home to get back to..."

"Don't worry, Lily," Marianne patted my leg. "You know Catherine always has a backup plan."

I slowly nodded though I couldn't help but feel upset that the house, we raised Emily in, would be destroyed...

___________________________

We quickly arrived at Catherine's company. Marianne and I went inside, Peter and Ben stayed in the car in case we needed to flee again...

We took the elevator up the many levels to Catherine's floor. There we passed the workplace before entering Esmee's office.

"They must be having a meeting..." Marianne said as we noticed that Esmee's office was empty.

I was done feeling scared and alone, so I ran to Catherine's office. When I entered, I noticed she was having a meeting with Esmee and the BC.

"Lily," Catherine did what she always did: dropping everyone and everything for me. "What's wrong?"

I ran to her and went to sit down on her lap. I let out a sigh of relief when I was in her arms, I finally felt safe again.

"What's wrong?" She repeated. "What happened?"

"The CAT found the house," Marianne answered before I could. "We were just in time to flee..."

I pulled back a bit. "How did they find us?"

Catherine frowned before she suddenly looked terrified. She looked at Esmee. "Track Emily, now!"

Esmee now shared the same look and got up immediately, going to her office.

"Superior," The BC said. "You don't think the princess betrayed us?"

"Not at all," Catherine sighed, pulling me closer to her and I could feel she was really really worried. "I think the CAT caught her."

I looked at Catherine, tears started to form in my eyes at just the thought of Emily being held captive by the CAT. I knew that, if they had her, she wouldn't be alive for that long...

"Catherine..." Esmee entered the office. She gulped before nodding slowly.

I couldn't hold it then. I started crying.

"Hey," Catherine got a hold of my face, making me look at her. "I promise you that we will get our little girl out of that hell hole," Catherine was caressing my cheeks. "Everything will be alright," She pulled me into her, comforting me. "I promise."