Chapter 41: Riley and Suzy

Third person's POV

As Emily had been tested and safely gotten rid of her Bloodborn form, things were going great for the family. Jennifer would soon give birth, and Catherine and Lily felt so relieved for their daughter's family. Things were great.

"There's one thing left to do," Catherine said to her family and the BC. "We have to catch two dangerous people."

At this, Jennifer sat up. "They are my family," She said before gulping. "Leave them alone."

But Catherine wouldn't take this. She stepped forward, towards Jennifer. "Those family members of yours killed my wife and then my father."

Jennifer looked down then.

Emily noticed this and looked at Catherine. "They haven't been a bother to us recently."

Catherine raised her eyebrows. "Who do you think reported you to the CAT?"

Emily then gulped. "H-how would they know who I was?"

"I don't know," Catherine looked away. "But I know it was them."

"But if we have no proof that they - "

"They knew who you were," Jennifer said, interrupting Emily. "They told me they were certain you were the next in line," She then sighed. "They probably reported you, and they probably reported me too by now." She sighed again before burying her face in her hands.

Emily wrapped her arm around Jennifer, supporting her this way. "Even if they did all of that, I don't think we should bother. Just like you two didn't bother with mom's parents."

Lily slowly nodded. "Maybe Emily is right," She looked at Catherine. "Let's just leave it at that."

Catherine sighed as she didn't agree with the decision made here. But she wouldn't fight her family's decision, she wanted them to be happy. So she agreed and let it slide.

______________________________

Emily's POV

"So yeah, I was a bit busy," I looked at Julian, who had been eying me. He was getting suspicious, and I couldn't blame him. "My family is so demanding."

He nodded. "Mine too."

"How's it going with your parents?" We went to sit down on a bench in the park, intending on eating our lunch here. "Are they still fighting?"

He sighed deeply. "Not as often," He looked away then, while eating his lunch. "They're arguing about anything they can, lately they've been arguing a lot about my grandparents," He sighed and looked down. "I wonder when it'll end."

"Hey," I patted his shoulder. "They must love each other, they're still together after all these years."

"That means nothing anymore, people can stay together even though they can't stand one another."

I frowned then. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I guess for me," He looked at me. "I know they both care a lot about me."

"Of course, they do." I smiled at him.

He smiled back immediately. "I missed this."

"Me too."

"Hey!"

We both looked up and I gulped.

"Emily, there you are," Riley said as she was taking her knife out. "Finally, we found you."

Julian got up immediately. "W-What's going on here?"

Riley and Suzy looked at him. "CAT?"

Julian gulped but showed them a pin, one his father probably gave him.

They both nodded before motioning him to go away.

Julian looked at me, he seemed really worried.

"Go," I showed him a small smile. "I'll be fine."

Julian seemed hesitant but ended up leaving.

I then looked back at Riley and Suzy. I got up and now stood in front of them. "You were looking for me?"

"Everyone has been," Riley said. "We're here to finally end your disgusting bloodline."

I nodded.

Suzy frowned as she seemed to catch on. "Don't tell me you..."

"Yep," I crossed my arms. "I impregnated Jennifer, she'll deliver our child this week so even if you were to kill me, my bloodline is saved."

Suzy was boiling from anger, and Riley seemed devastated that she once again failed to save humanity.

"We'll get you!" Suzy said, suddenly charging at me.

I ran away and tried avoiding both Suzy and Riley. For a while, that went fine, until Riley pulled out a gun.

"And now you stay there," She said as she aimed the gun at me. "On your knees!"

I gulped as I went on my knees. I don't know why I even listened to this. I knew they'd kill me no matter what, but some part in me kept hoping they would let me go.

"The next Mother Superior," Suzy huffed. "You're not so powerful now, are you?" She then looked at Riley. "Shoot her."

Riley smirked ready to aim when she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks.

"Drop the gun."

She gulped and dropped the gun and raised her arms, as did Suzy. They both turned around and gasped. "Agent Faulkner, why?"

John looked from them at me, he motioned me to get up.

Riley looked at that before looking at John again. "You know that you're betraying the CAT right now?"

"I have failed to choose the right side 16 years ago," He then looked at me and smiled. "I won't fail again."

I smiled at him and nodded.

"Get to the car, girls." He escorted them to the car and got them in.

I walked to the car too until I suddenly saw Julian stand on the side, hidden behind a tree. I walked to him. "Hey."

He looked at me with a different look in his eyes. "Hey."

I looked down. "I'm sorry you had to witness that."

He nodded.

"I'm happy John came to my rescue."

"I'm glad he answered my call."

I then looked at him, my jaw dropped slightly. "You called him?" I asked to which he nodded. "Why?"

He gulped. "I didn't want them to kill my cousin."

My jaw dropped more. "You knew who I was all along?"

"I thought so yes," He smiled then. "You look a lot like your mother, you know."

I chuckled.

"I knew that grandpa would rush to our help, and he did."

"Thank you, Julian," I then leaned in and pulled him in for a hug. "You're the best cousin."

He hugged me back immediately. "I knew my cousin would be great," He pulled back then. "The first person to help me, the first friend I ever had," He smiled. "So thank you."

"Emily," John said from the car. "Are you coming?"

"Yes," I then looked at Julian. "I'll talk to you soon."

"You better."

I smiled at him before rushing to the car and getting in.