Chapter 31: I don't want to die

Lily's POV

Catherine continued working while Esmee was send off to track the exact position of Emily so an elite group could sneak in and get her.

I was in Catherine's office, seated on the chair in front of her desk. I would be looking anywhere, trying to keep myself busy while I was waiting very impatiently for any news regarding my baby girl.

"There," Catherine turned off her computer. "That'll do it for today," She looked at me. "We should get some rest."

I huffed. "As if I can rest now..."

"I know," She walked to me and knelt in front of me. "I know it's hard and nerve-wracking waiting for any news, but we can't wait here and stress more as time goes by," She showed me a small smile. "We need to get some rest and let our people work for us."

I looked at Catherine, realizing she was right. "Ok," I sighed, reaching for her hands. "But where do we rest? Our home was invaded..."

Catherine smiled. "We'll be sleeping in the BC house," She got up again, pulling me up too. "We'll be safest there."

I nodded and let Catherine lead the way.

____________________________

Peter had driven us to the BC building. He dropped us off and then drove off again as he was staying at a hotel near Catherine's company.

Catherine pulled me with her, inside the building which I associated with happy times: our marriage for example. Though, I couldn't bring myself up to be happy at all.

We walked up the stairs to the fourth floor, where the wedding suite was at. Normally this room is used once every few decades for the Superior and their bride right after their wedding. But this was an emergency.

"Do you recognize it?" Catherine asked as she held me from behind.

"Yeah." My eyes landed on the bed again. I remember it being an amazingly soft bed, and I was kind of looking forward to sleeping in that bed again.

"This time around," Catherine started kissing from my cheek to my ears. "We can really have a honeymoon night in here."

I sighed as I pushed out of Catherine's arms. "Haewa," I looked down, almost unable to keep tears from falling. "I'm really not in the mood for any of that, I just..." I sniffled. "I want my baby girl back."

"And we will get her back," Catherine caressed my face, making me look at her. "It's only a matter of time."

"They'll kill her." I cried.

"No," Catherine seemed very determined then. "I won't let them," She reached for my hand and led me to the bed. "Come," She pulled me down with her. "Let's get some rest."

I slowly nodded and laid down. I should get undressed, but I simply couldn't. I didn't seem to have the power or desire to do anything. I just couldn't.

Catherine seemed to catch onto my mood and showed me a small smile. "Everything's going to be alright," She said, though I could hear the fear within her voice. She was worried, terrified even, because if Emily would be killed, she would die too... "I promise."

I closed my eyes and tried getting some sleep.

____________________________

Emily's POV

After being interrogated by those two soldiers, I was brought to a prison cell designed for 'my kind'. Whatever they meant by that was unclear to me.

I looked around, trying to look for a spot, a crack in their system, but I found nothing. Everything seemed well-organized and I was being watched constantly. I noticed the cameras being pointed at me...

I sighed as I fell to the ground, I could die here... I seriously could lose my life and zaezzes' life too... And it'll be my fault. Mom will end up alone because of my stupidity...

I buried my face in my hands, crying silently. This was all my fault... I don't want to die... I want to go home...

____________________________

Third person's POV

"We did it, people!" The leading man of the CAT exclaimed. "Finally, we'll be able to not only kill the Mother Superior's bloodline but also kill all of them!"

Loud cheering was followed by that.

"We should burn her alive, like the witches from Salem!" Someone proposed.

"No, shoot her and let her die a slow and painful death!" Someone else said.

"Slash her throat and let her bleed out!" Another one said.

"Brothers and sisters," The leading man said, putting his hands up to make them all shut up. "I assure you all that we'll kill the last Superior in the most gruesome way as punishment for all the innocent lives that were lost."

The crowd cheered again. But one man left the crowd and the party.

____________________________

Emily's POV

I cried and cried. I really didn't understand why they wanted me dead, I didn't do anything. I didn't even know these people...

Why do they hate me? Why do they hate me based on these labels that were put on me since birth? I didn't choose them, it's not fair!

"Emily?"

I sniffled before looking up. I saw a man stand in front of my prison cell. "W-who are you?" I wiped my tears away. "W-what do you want?"

The man seemed frozen in place. He looked at me, his eyes widened as if he saw a ghost. He didn't walk closer to the cage but I could see he was making the intention of wanting to do that. Perhaps those cameras stopped him...

I gulped, I suddenly felt uncomfortable. "W-Who are you?" I asked again. "W-what do you want from me?"

He gulped, seemingly getting out of his frozen state. "Nothing," He gulped once more. "I simply wanted to see you."

I nodded before looking down. "Like a monkey in the zoo..." I sniffled. "It's not fair," I sniffled more. "I didn't do anything, I didn't hurt anyone, I didn't..." I buried my face in my hands again.

The man didn't respond anymore, though I did hear footsteps.

I looked up again, only to see the man walk away... I guess he got a glimpse of the monkey in the zoo...

I buried my face in my arms again, trying to calm down, trying to remember the good things I had experienced before my life would end.

Then it happened. A loud alarm went off.

I looked up and noticed the same man at my cage though, this time, the cage was open. "Come with me if you want to live."

I didn't have to think twice about that. I got up and followed him. We ran through the building though, miraculously, avoiding every CAT agent.

We arrived at the parking lot where he led me to his car. When we both had entered, he started it and drove off.