Chapter 21: What happened?

Emily's POV

I leaned down, kissing her lips before going to her neck. I kissed her there and started pushing my lower half onto hers too. I was focused and determined on finishing us both off. I was focused on my goal, on us, on Jennifer.

I kissed her neck again, loving this so much. And then it happened...

I bit her.

Jennifer immediately pushed me away but failed. I was stuck on her neck, and I didn't know what was happening. My eyes were closed as I felt that my teeth somehow were in her skin, in her veins. But how? I shouldn't have my teeth yet.

Jennifer started whimpering, pushing me but, strangely enough, she wasn't yelling. She could've yelled and alarmed her roommates, but she didn't.

I was still with my teeth inside her veins but I didn't taste any liquid, any blood. I didn't know what was happening or why I suddenly bit her.

Then I lost consciousness.

____________________________

I blinked a few times. I looked around, trying to get a grip on my surroundings. I noticed it was dark, it must be nighttime. Besides that, I had no clue where I was or what had happened.

Did I fall asleep? I don't recall going to bed though...

I slowly sat up, having a better look, and noticed I was in Jennifer's room. Suddenly I remembered, we were both naked, we were having sex... And I bit her.

My eyes widened as I looked around, trying to find Jennifer. "Jennifer?" I whispered, trying not to wake up her roommates. "Jen?" I sat up and looked around the darkened room. I couldn't see anything.

I looked at my right, at the spot next to me. She was supposed to be there, that's her spot. Why wasn't she there?

I gulped as I started fearing for the worst. What had happened? What did I do?

"Jen, please," I slowly reached for the bedside table, trying to find the little lamp that was on it. "Jen?" I reached the little lamp and turned it on.

I sat up, looking around the room. I noticed my clothes on the floor, I noticed hers too but no sign of her.

"Jen?"

I looked at the bed, there was no blood. Thankfully! I noticed the sheets were missing too...

"Jen?"

I then heard a small whimper, on the right side of the bed. I crawled to it, slowly, and noticed the sheets on the ground.

I got off the bed and knelt next to the sheets. "Jen?" I started pulling at the sheets and heard more whimpering.

"Please don't hurt me."

I gulped. "I'd never hurt you," I pulled the sheets away but felt quite some restraint from Jennifer. "I promise."

"Stop," The more I pulled, the more Jennifer started whimpering. "Please."

But I didn't stop, I needed to see her. I pulled the sheets away and put them aside. And there sat Jennifer, in a fetus position. She was shaking terribly, had cried a lot, her eyes red and puffy, her neck was marked.

I scooted closer but she flinched away from me. "Don't hurt me."

"Hey," I slowly reached for her face, making her look at me. Her eyes held so much sadness, and fear. "I'd never hurt you, you know that."

She was shaking terribly, I could see she was afraid. Afraid of me.

I gulped as I got up. "Come," I pulled her up and, thankfully, she didn't fight me. We went to lay down on her bed. "Better?" I asked as I had put the sheets over us.

Jennifer didn't look at me, she simply looked up at the ceiling.

And I wondered... What had happened? What did I do? Why was she so afraid of me? I don't recall anything past the biting.

Suddenly, Jennifer started crying silently.

"Hey," I scooted closer, wanting to comfort her. But she pushed me away. "Jen, what's wrong? Why are you acting this way?"

"Me?" She wiped away her tears but didn't look at me, it's like she didn't want to see me anymore. "You lied to me!"

I gulped. "What do you mean?"

Then she finally looked at me. "You are one of them," She sniffled. "You bit me," She felt the bite mark, my bite mark. "You wanted to eat me."

"What?" I sat up then, shocked to hear that last thing. "I'd never eat you, Jennifer."

"Yes, you would," She looked away as she was crying more. "You bit me and then you turned into one of those human-eating machines," She sniffled. "You were going to eat me."

I gulped as I heard that information. I had turned? But I wasn't supposed to turn till I was 18... "Jen," I reached for her face, making her look at me. "I'm sorry," I paused, letting that sink in. "None of that was supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to bite you, I wasn't supposed to turn, none of it. I'm sorry."

She blinked a few times, she was starting to calm down. "W-what do you mean?"

 I sighed as I looked down. I let go of her and sat up. "When you're part of my kind, you don't actually turn until you're 18. Before that, you're like a human."

She sat up then. "So you're not a part of them?"

"Not yet," I looked at her. "I will be, in a few months," I sighed as I looked down again. "I'm sorry for lying, I just didn't want to lose you, or my life. I'm really sorry."

"You didn't lie to me," She said, making me look at her. "You were honest: you are the same as me. You are a human right now."

"I am," I looked away then. "But in a few months, I won't be anymore," I didn't look at Jennifer, but I noticed she didn't reply to me. She didn't say anything, she didn't do anything. She was probably unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry for what happened," I looked back at her and noticed her seemingly thinking about something. "I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way, I didn't - "

"You don't know what happened, do you?"

I sighed and looked down, shaking my head. "I can't remember anything after me biting you," I looked back up at her and saw her face softening. "Please tell me I didn't hurt you, please."

Her face softened even more and she reached out to me, for the first time since I marked her. She held my hand in hers. "You didn't hurt me," She gulped, seemingly having a hard time. "You changed, your appearance changed entirely and you didn't seem to know who I was anymore."

I frowned. Vamrin form... "What happened?"

"I tried escaping, I really thought you'd eat me or hurt me," She looked at me then, in my eyes. "But you didn't. Once you were done drinking my blood, you looked me in the eyes and then laid down on my chest again," She gulped. "When you were asleep, I hid. And that's where you found me."

I looked away then, remembering the one thing I was taught: When your Vamrin form is controlled and stable near a potential, that potential will be your one true love... 

"Emily?"

I looked at Jennifer.

"Are you ok?"

I looked at her and realized that she was my one true love. She managed to control my Vamrin form, she was it. "Yes," I smiled at her. "I'm great."