Chapter 36: School is good for you

Emily's POV

The next day, I arrived downstairs with Jennifer. I helped her sit down, even though she could perfectly do that herself. I just felt the urge to help and protect her at all times.

"Morning." We said to everyone at the table.

"Morning." They said to us.

"So hianag," Zaezzes started, looking at me. "Your mother and I have talked about it and agreed that you should go back to school."

I raised my eyebrows. "But zaezzes, I want to stay here with Jennifer and our baby."

"Your child isn't born yet, hianag," Zaezzes took a sip from her cup of coffee. "You're going to school until your child is born."

I groaned, looking down.

"Hey," Jen said, caressing my hand. "They're right," She said, making me look at her. "You should go to school and get a good degree for our future."

I chuckled. "Jen, I'm just going to take zaezzes' spot at her company when I become the Mother Superior."

Jen looked from me to zaezzes. "Really?"

Zaezzes nodded. "All Superiors work for that company during their reign. It's our way to supply our nation."

Jen seemed interested. "And what will you do then?"

"Me?" Zaezzes smiled before wrapping an arm around mom. "I'll enjoy my free time with my haewa."

Mom smiled at that.

"Then why does she need to go to school?" Jen asked mom and zaezzes.

"As you said," Zaezzes sipped her coffee once more. "It's good for her future."

"But I don't need it anymore - "

"You're going to school today," Zaezzes said, raising her voice slightly. "Period."

I wanted to fight her on that but I noticed mom trying to calm down zaezzes so I knew there was a risk of her turning. "Ok," I sighed. "I'll go."

____________________________

Lily's POV

When Emily had left for school, Jennifer went upstairs to rest some more. I assumed it wasn't only to rest, I think she's a bit afraid of Catherine. And I couldn't blame her.

I was looking at my cup of tea, tapping it once in a while.

"What is it?"

I looked at my right, at Catherine. I shrugged.

She sighed as she leaned in closer. "Is it something I did?"

I looked away again. "You have to be careful with your anger, haewa," I looked at her again. "You know that."

She sighed but nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Don't tell that to me."

She put her cup of coffee down. "I just don't like Emily fighting me," She sighed. "Ever since she found out she was going to be a zaezzes, she changed."

I let out a chuckle.

Catherine looked at me. "What's so funny?"

"You did too," I looked at her. "You were acting exactly like Emily is acting right now."

Catherine looked away, frowning. She seemed to think about the past.

"And just like me back then, Jen will love that too."