Recovery

Dylan's POV

I fell asleep on the couch about three hours ago. I could just imagine Jordan's voice saying 'who'd have known that drinking would make you sleepy?'. Jordan. I was afraid for him. Yeah, sure, the doc says he'll be fine in a few and that it looked way worse than it actually was.. But he wasn't there like I had been. Jordan had lost a lot of blood.

I woke up when I heard a loud banging. At first, I thought it was in my head because of the hangover but then I realized that someone was at our door. I got up slowly and headed to answer it.

"Johnny?" Why was he knocking?

"Hey, Dyl," he smiled awkwardly. "I forgot my keys.."

"I thought you were upstairs..?"

"Naw, I.. I went out for some air."

Suspicious... Whatever. My head was pounding too much for me to actually care if he was telling the truth or not.

"Sure," I went back to the couch. Right as I laid down again, my phone started ringing. I got it out of my pocket and tossed it at Johnny.

He laughed before answering it in what I assumed to be an imitation of my voice, "Yeah?"

After getting a response, he mouthed 'Danny'. I got up and tried taking the phone from him. He held it away and tried not to laugh.

"Baby, come home so we can be freaky," he messed up and laughed as he said 'freaky'. "Here," he laughed as he handed me my phone.

"Dude, I'm not even going to ask why John Boy had your phone," I heard Danny chuckle. "Jordan's awake and me and Matty are checking in on him. Why don't you two come over?"

"Sure, where's J at?"

"He's uh.. He's here."

We said our goodbyes and after I was forced by Danny to say 'I love you' while George was listening in on my end, I hung up.

I slapped his arm when he didn't stop laughing. "Dude, Charlie's awake. Let's go."

"I'm driving," he said.

"Yeah, you are," I'm in too much pain to drive.

We arrived in under twenty minutes. I haven't been here since the day I rode in the ambulance with Jordan. We headed to his room and met Danny and Matt out in the hall.

"Nurse is with him. She's giving him his meds," Matt told us.

"Where's J?" George asked him.

Danny sighed and started walking to a room down the hall. He stopped and nodded towards the closed door, "in here." I looked at Johnny and he looked as confused as I was.

"He uh.." Matt rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "he hurt himself real bad. Danny and I found him all cut up and bloody."

Danny knocked on the door before opening it. "J, how are you feeling?" He asked before disappearing inside. A few seconds later, he came back out. He looked shocked and his face went a little pale. "He's gone."

"Who's gone?" Charlie came out of his room. He was in hospital clothes and I couldn't believe he looked so well for what he'd been through.

"Jorel.." Matt said softly.

"Isn't he coming? I thought you guys said he was here.." He looked over at Danny.

"Jordan.. He was here," Danny bit his lip. Adorable. "He.. He hurt himself this morning. That's why he was here."

"He hurt himself?" His face went from calm to worried.

Danny nodded, " Matt and I found him in the bathroom upstairs. He had cut his wrists and shattered the mirror with his fist."

"Why would he do that?"

"I'm guessing he was really worried about you and thought you wouldn't wake up," Matt answered.

"Oh.. J.." He held on to the door frame as if it was a life raft.

The nurse came from the room, "oh, boys, give me a hand will you? He's probably going to be a little tired because of his medications. Would two of you help me get him back to his bed?"