The Duel Ends Here

Danny's POV

We stood in the elevator for several painful minutes. Dylan had gotten a call from Charlie and he said that J was in the hospital again. Abandoning our now-pointless search, we had headed here immediately.

"Hey," Dyl broke the silence. I looked up and he interlocked our fingers. "Everything's going to be okay." He gave my hand a squeeze and I couldn't help but give him a weak smile.

The doors opened and we rushed through. Charlie had said J's room was on the same floor as his. Room 104.

Before we went in the room, Dylan took a deep breath. Probably mentally preparing himself. I would have done the same, if I knew how. Nothing could prepare me for the condition J was in. Charlie told Dyl that he had lost a lot of blood and had a few broken bones.

He was lying in the hospital bed plugged in to all of their equipment. A heart monitor steadily beeped and an IV was taped into his arm. His lip was swollen and he had a black eye.

"What happened..?" Dylan asked.

"Apparently, he and Deuce took a few rounds," Jordan spoke from J's bedside. He was holding his hand.

"Will he be..." I couldn't bring myself to ask.

"Yeah. Nurse says he'll be fine in a few days."

"Hey," I turned around to see Johnny coming in with Matt at his heels. "How's he doin?"

"Alright," Jordan answered.

"How's Aron look?" Matt asked.

Charlie shrugged, "about the same."

"At least he didn't get away without a scratch," Dyl said eyeing Jordan.

"Hey, J took him on one-on-one. I took him on two-on-one," he defended himself.

"So, Charlie, you aren't wearing hospital clothes anymore. Did you check out?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. They said I was good to go. Guess they didn't expect me to stay."

We all stayed in silence for awhile. I don't think any of us knew what to say. J was in the hospital, and Jordan had ended up there too, all because we wanted revenge on Deuce. Honestly, I think that everything we did to the guy wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth us getting hurt.

"Guys," I spoke without realizing I had decided to, "let's end this. I mean, haven't we done enough? Deuce is in the hospital, J is too, Jordan just got out... It's pointless now.. I mean isn't it?"

They didn't answer. They didn't even look me in the eye. Every one of them were looking at his own feet.

Jordan started nodding his head. "You're right. I'm done. The duel ends. Right here, right now."