Chapter 3

Jen walks in without Josh. She walks to me and sits on the bed. I push my knees to my chest and rest my chin in between my knees.

"Do you wanna play a game?" Jen asks me.

I nod my head slightly.

"Okay. Have you ever heard of the game 20 Questions?" Jen asks.

"Yes.." I say faintly.

"Good. I'm going to ask you questions and then you can ask me some. Okay?" she says.

I nod

"Were you being abused?" she asks

I hesitate on my answer. I shake my head yes and start to cry.

Jen quickly scoots closer to me. She puts her hand on my back. I quickly arch it forward because of the pain. She draws her hand away quickly and apologizes to me.

'It's okay. I'm used to it." I reply.

"Can I see what he did to you?" she asks.

I nod my head. I trust her just enough. I slowly pull up my shirt so it shows my back and stomach. Jen covers her mouth and let's out a sob. I let the hot tears roll down my face.

"I'm so sorry." She says with sobs.

I pull down my shirt and face her. She takes her thumbs and wipes my tears away.

"Why do you care about me? I'm just another face in the crowd." I ask.

" Because no one should be treated like that."

I look down at my hands and watch the still flowing tears fall on to my hands. She takes her pointer finger and lifts my chin up.

"You're safe now. He's not going to hurt you anymore. Josh and I won't let him" she tells me.

As if on cue, Josh walks in. He smiles at me and holds my hand Jen follows, and holds my other hand.

"Josh and I have discussed something." She tells me.

I shut my eyes and let a few tears escape. They want me to leave don't they?

"We were wondering if we could adopt you?" Jen asks me.

I open my eyes with shock. THE Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson want to adopt me? Why? I threatened them with a knife!

Without thinking I nod my head yes. They jump up with big smiles. I flinch at the sudden movement and cover my face. Jen quickly comes over.

"I'm sorry sweetie. We didn't mean to scare you. " Jen says to me.

"It's okay. I'm just used to being hit when he moves. " I say back.

"Are you hungry?" She asks.

I nod my head in response.

"What do you want? Pizza? McDonalds? Anything your stomach desires!" She tells me as she tickled my stomach.

I let out a big giggle! I tickle her back. Now we are both laughing as Josh holds Jens arms down as I tickle her stomach. We all eventually settle down.

Feeling more open I finally decide what I want to eat. "Can we have pizza? I've never had it before." I say.

Jen come to me and puts her hand on my forehead.

"Oh my gosh! I think she has Pizzaless fever" She says seriously.

Josh scoops me up and runs down stairs. He places me on a bar stool at a counter top table.

"What kind do you want? Here's a menu if you don't know." he says.

"Umm... Can I have the Meat Lovers?" I ask.

"Yup! Anything for my little girl!"

I smile. This is my family now. They care about me. I'm home.

📚 Author's Note 📚

Hey everyone I hope you are enjoying my story so far! I have ideas for the future of this story so add this book to your library to see when I update!! Thanks don't forget to..

📋 Vote 📋

💬 Comment 💬

👍 Like 👍

Thanks for reading!!!!!!