Chapter 15

******* Saige's POV ******

The doctors wheel me down a long hallway and in to the operating room. They put a mask over me and my eyes slowly close.

***** Jen's POV *****

I watch as Saige is quickly wheeled away from me and in to the operating room. Josh comes rushing in behind me and hugs me.

"Everything is going to be okay. We will get through this." He is whispers.

" I know Josh. Who were you on the phone with?" I ask wiping away a tear.

"The police. They have taken down the search to find Saige. They are now looking for Garett. He can't be too far away. The press is all over the news. So when we leave, don't say anything and keep your head down, okay?" He tells me sternly.

"Okay. I'm worried about Saige.. She is so.. Beat up. She had cuts, scratches and gashes on her face! Imagine the rest do her body.. I would never hurt her. How could anybody hurt someone else like that?" I ask tears welling up in my eyes.

"I don't know. I don't know.." Josh whispers as he pulls me in to a deep hug.

<><><><> Time Lapse 5 hours <><><><>

I watch as Saige is wheeled in to her hospital room, she is still under anesthetics. It takes about two minutes before the doctors leave her bedside, allowing Josh and I to enter.

As we walk in I notice her wrists are bandaged. I pull up a chair next to her bed and take her hand. I kiss the top of it and hold it there. As Saige lays there peacefully, I examine her. She has two black eyes, bruises, scrapes, and cuts all over her face.

I let go of her hand and bring out her file. I flip to the Examination Page.

Cuts and bruises on face and body. Gash on side. Self harm on both wrists. Black eyes and little head trauma.

I close the file and put it back in its place. I sit on a chair next to the bed. I curl my self up and lay down in the chair and slowly drift to sleep.

I wake up an hour later to find Saige waking up too. Josh left sometime while I was asleep, to get my mom probably. I quickly sit up and lean towards her.

"Saige.." I whisper.

"Hi.." she whispers back.

I notice I've picked up her hand without realizing it. Saige squeezes my hand back, I smile at her. I am so happy she is alive! I didn't want to lose her.

"Jen?" She asks.

"Yes?" I reply.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't want to put you through all of this. If I just stayed with him, you wouldn't have to worry about anyone else. You wouldn't have another mouth to feed. I'm sorry.." She cries.

"Saige, you have nothing to be sorry for. I love you and I would do anything for you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't want to lose you ever.." I cry.

Saige takes her thumbs and wipes my tears away. "I'm not worth crying over.."

"You are more than worth it baby.." I tell her, sliding in to the bed next to her.

She tries to scoot over but the stitches hurt her too much. I tell her I have enough room as she puts her head on my shoulder. I grab her left hand and hold it in mine. She got stitches on her right side, so I chose the left side to lay next to.

"Saige?" I ask.

"Yeah?" She says.

"Do you still want to stay with me?" I ask scared of the answer.