Chapter 10

*************** Saige's POV **************

I wake up to Jen's arms around me. Last night was so emotional. I don't know why I told her. I guess it was bound to happen anyway. I woke last night to my nightmare that I get often since my Mom died. I look behind me at Jen and her eyes are open and she is staring at me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Nothing," she says with a smile.

"Whatever you say." I say with smile.

She gets up and helps me up too. We walk down stairs to find Josh has already made breakfast.

"Good morning lovelys!" Josh tells us as he gives Jen a kiss.

I sit down at the table and wait patiently for Josh to bring me the breakfast.

"Im sorry about last night... With the school and nightmare thing.." I say disappointment in my voice.

"It's okay. Just promise me no more cutting okay" Jen says to me sternly.

"I promise," I say back hoping to keep the promise.

Jen and Josh both come over to me and kiss me on the cheek. We all eat our breakfast and decide to stay home on the lazy Sunday.

"Hey um guys.. when are you filming again?" I ask, afraid of the answer.

"In a few weeks. You'll stay with my mom... Crap I haven't told her yet!" Jen yells running to the phone.

I wait in the living room as Jen calls her Mom.

************* Jen's POV ******************

"Hey mom" I say as mom answers the phone.

"Hey honey! How are you?" she asks

"Great! Hey I got to tell you something." I tell her with worry in my voice.

"What is it?" she asks.

"I adopted a kid.."

"Really? That's great!"

"Your not mad?" I ask.

"Why would I be?" Mom says as she laughs.

"Good!" I say laughing. "Anyway, Josh and I are filming in a few weeks so I was wondering if we could fly down there and drop her off?" I ask.

"Of course! When will you guys pick her up?" she asks.

"About a week. Is one of those short filming weeks." I tell her.

"Okay honey! I got to run! see you in a few weeks then! Bye!"

"Bye!"

With that I hang up my phone and go back in to the living room where Josh and Saige are on the couch watching TV. I smile at them. Saige has been spending a lot of time with me and not Josh.

"How about you guys do something today while I do something special for Saige," I suggest.

"Sure!" Josh says. "What do you want to do?"

"Paintball," Saige says.

"Paintball it is!" Josh shouts.

Saige runs up the steps and comes back down in whole other outfit. Josh and Saige head out the door to the car. I quickly run to my room and grab the paint I've been hiding in my room. I go inside Saige's room and set up her bathroom

I added little decorations to brighten up the room. Next I moved on to the bedroom. I covered everything with a clear plastic sheet. I chose the bare wall towards her bed and attempted to paint horses running on it. I pull out a picture on my phone for inspiration.

After about 3 hours I finish the painting. I step back to look at. Not to bad. Tonight I'll let Saige sleep in our room while the paint dries. I text Josh to tell him that they can come home. He texts back within minutes that they are heading home.

************** Saige's POV **************

Josh and I head home from intense games of paintball. Let's just say I kicked his butt at it! Josh stops and gets McDonalds on the way home. A few minuets later we pulled in to the garage. I hopped out of the car and went inside as Josh followed behind me. Jen is sitting on the couch watching T.V.

"Hey," I tell Jen.

"Hey sweetie how was paintball?" She asks.

"So fun!" I tell her.

"That's great. You are sleeping in our room tonight, you can't go in your room yet! It's a surprise!"

"Yay!" I yell plopping down on the couch next to Jen.

I rest my head on her shoulder and look at the clock. 11:24 pm. Paintball has worn me out. I let a yawn escape my mouth.

"Are you tired honey?" Jen asks me.

"A little." I say yawning again.

She laughs, we head up with Josh following right behind us. Jen put some of my clothes in her closet, so I don't see my surprise. I go in to the bathroom brush my teeth and hair and get changed in to my PJs. I walk out to see Jen and Josh eating each other's faces.

"Kid in the room!" I yell with my back turned to them.

I hear Jen squeal as they break a part. I laugh at them. I grab my pillow and blanket and lay down on the floor.

"You can sleep up here. There is plenty of room." Jen says patting the spot in between the edge of the bed and her.

I get up with my pillow and blanket and hop in bed, embarrassed.

"Good night! I love you" Josh says to Jen and I.

"Love you too!" both of us say at the same time.

"I love you Saige." Jen whispers to me.

"I love you too" I tell back whispering.

She kisses my forehead and turns towards Josh. I close my eyes, only to be drawn in to my reoccurring night mare.

********* ******NIGHTMARE************

I'm in a room all alone. I metal door opens and then slams shut. A little light flickers on. Then many follow. Realizing that it's not a room but a hallway. Foot steps get louder second by second. Without realizing it, I'm running down the endless hallway. What seems like forever I come to a cliff. The hallway transforms in to a rocky, mountain terrain. I look down to see what seems like a bottomless trench. I turn around to see Garret pointing a gun at me. He steps towards me. I instinctively take a step back only to find I'm at the edge. He takes a step closer to me. I can't move anywhere but down. He holds the gun at me and pulls the trigger.

************* End Of NIghtmare***********

I wake up with tears and sweat on my face. I stop my screams after a while and only for them to turn in to heavy sobs. Jen snaps awake and comes over to me and embraces me in a tight hug.

Jen lets me sob in to her as I continue to shake. Josh wakes up moments later and scoots over to us. He hugs me as I calm myself down but it is soon destroyed as I play it back in my head. Josh holds me so Jen can get a little air. Josh's arms wrap around me and he also let's me cry into him.

He strokes my hair and whispers 'it's going to be okay'. I eventually calm myself down. Josh let's go of me once I calm down. He takes his thumbs and wipes my tears away. Josh scoots back over to his side of the bed. Jen holds me in her arms for the rest of the night. With Jen's arms around me, I find sleep easily knowing everything is going to be okay.

📚 Author's Note📚

Hey guys! Sorry for the late updates! For everyone who is still hanging with me. as I said before I have a pretty big plot twist coming your way!! Thank you guys for all the support!! Anyway.. don't forget to..

💬Comment💬

📋Vote📋

👍Add this👍

I love yall so so much! See you in the next update!! 😘😘