Chapter 15 | Confession

Iman's POV

I kept looking up at Dr. Amira, wondering how old she could possibly be, as she checked on my foot and did all sorts of movement with it. Zane wasn't around because someone from the company called him so he stepped out to answer that and it was just her and I in the room.

"Dr. Amira, I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? How do you know Zane's identity?" I asked her.

She smiled and said, "I'm very old child. I helped his mother give birth to him a long time ago."

My eyes went wide as I gasped, "Oh wow. Thank you for doing so."

She laughed as I was left astonished by the close ties Zane still had to the people from his past. I don't even know which hospital I was born in. Let alone, the nurse who assisted my mother giving birth to me. 

"Zane wasn't the only one that was born that time, wasn't he?" I asked her.

She looked up, suddenly, alarmed from my question but eventually responded.

"Yes, he had a twin born after him just five minutes."

Judging by her short answers, I'm assuming she didn't want to bring up the loss of that child. But, I was going to.

"I'm pretty sure you know he isn't in this world anymore and I assumed that you out of everyone must know how he ended up passing away." 

Dr. Amira stopped and placed my foot down, looking at me straight in the eyes. 

"Iman, I'm sure you've heard he passed away from a heart attack."

"Ok, but it doesn't make sense for an 8 year old to die from one." At this point, I was pleading but her response seemed to remain constant.

"If Allah wanted him from an early age, then he can take him at one."

Just as she finished that sentence, the door opened with a knock before being turned to reveal Zane, walking in. 

"Did you take a look at it?" Zane asked

Dr. Amira looked at me then back at Zane to answer his question. Inside me, I really hoped she wouldn't let Zane know about our conversation because I want to open up to him about this when I feel like I finally figured it out.

"Yes...she seems to have kept a good diet because it is healing faster than I expected. She will need about a week before it's fully healed. But, I suggest not to put much weight on it, until then."

Zane nodded, understanding the situation and kept his eyes on me the whole time. 

"You guys may wish to leave whenever you like. Your papers, I will prepare."

He gave her one last nod before she left the room and I looked up at him and said, 

"Can you do me a favor?" 

He continued looking at me, speaking through his eyes, telling me to go on.

"Can you drop me off at the palace, I have a few things I'd like to clean up before going back to the hotel."

"I have to be at the office all day today, I don't think I can get you back after I leave you there." He helped me up from the bed and I slid my foot inside my shoe, grabbing his elbow.

"That's fine. I'll wait for you. Plus, there are people over there willing to give me a ride if I want to go anywhere." I smiled but it seems like he wasn't pleased with my response.

"Like who?" 

"Who else would it be? Sheikha, you silly and even your other siblings." I rolled my eyes but then, he said,