Chapter 28 | Originality

Iman's POV

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping through my balcony. It's a rather unusual sound in the morning because I love close to the beach but either way, I get up and stare around my room a little. 

Yesterday was probably one of the best days I experienced in a few years. I hadn't realized how much I missed my brothers in so long, despite the hectic things that had happened with them. Nonetheless, talking things out always resolved conflicts and that's exactly what happened yesterday. 

As I was in my thoughts, they were disturbed by the ringing of my phone and I smiled after looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Goodmorning Hayati."

I felt the little butterflies in my stomach and grinned so widely almost as if I felt his presence beside me just through his voice. 

"Goodmorning Zane."

"I'm guessing you just woke up?"

"Mhmm." I nodded.

"Well, once you're done getting ready, let me know so we can have breakfast together. There's one more thing we've got to face before making things happen again." He said.

"What do you mean?" I scrunched my eyebrows as I hopped off the bed and walked into my closet.

"You'll soon see, now don't make me wait too long."

I chuckled and said, "Ok, bye-bye."

He hung up and after choosing my outfit for today, I quickly took a 10 min shower, got my morning routine and decided to go with light make-up. I made an acai bowl for myself and as I ate, I texted Zane, informing him I was ready and by the time I made sure everything was in my purse, he had arrived.

I made sure to lock the door before walking over to the passenger seat of the car and getting in. 

"Goodmorning, again." I smiled before putting my seatbelt over me.

"Goodmorning." He replied with a grin. "How did I get so lucky with a beautiful woman again?"

I chuckled and shook my head in response.

"I think you know the answer to that Mr. Zane."

***

We finished breakfast and now we were in his office waiting for a certain somebody. He wasn't telling me who it was. He wasn't even giving me hints. But somehow, he was too calm, almost nervous. I don't get how the two combinations were even possible up until now.  

"Zane, why do you look like that?" I finally put down the magazine I was reading to pass time. 

"Look like what?" He paused and looked at me, diverting his attention from the office phone.

"Like this," I motioned my hands to his face, "Like you're nervous about something and you're trying hard not to reveal it."

Just then, interrupting him from responding, he received a call from that office phone he was staring into so intensely. 

"Hello? Yes, please."

I was getting confused by the second but this time, I didn't need to ask any further questions as it was obvious that this mysterious guest was here and about to walk through the door any second. 

As I faced the door in urgency to see who this guest was, I saw Zane look at me from the corner of my eye with worry. None of this was making sense at the moment but it would soon enough.