Chapter 25 | Time

Zane's POV

Beep Beep

I got up to the sound of my coffee machine, telling me my coffee was ready. I grabbed the mug that was now full and walked back to the table, where my laptop stood. I had transferred into a bigger room in the hospital and still, no one was responding to my calls. 

I called Hamdan consecutively for hours, including Harper. My mother even caught herself a flight over to Dubai just in case Hamdan faced a situation he couldn't get out of. But now, none of them were picking up. 

There were many things going on in my mind and the very first thought was Iman. Was she safe? Was she rescued? 

Aside from her, half of my body was filled with anger and revenge towards my father. 

*Flashback*

I was playing with my blocks in the living room alongside baba who stood with his assistant. Mama soon came rushing up the stairs, breathless and exclaimed, 

"Zaid! He's in the hospital!" 

I dropped the blocks in my hands and ran up to mama who was filled with tears. 

"Mama, where's my brother?"

Her tears continued to stream down her face as we both looked up at Baba who barely stood up from his chair. 

"What do you mean?"

"He was found unconscious and the maids immediately took him to the royal doctor." Mama explained.

"Alright, you can take a car, I'll follow you."

Mama nodded in a rush and gave me one last reassuring look before she released me from her arms. Once she left, I looked up at Baba to see he had resumed to his work and didn't even seem like he cared. 

I wanted my brother. I wanted Zaid.

*End of Flashback*

I shrugged off the memory as soon as I heard the ringtone of my phone. I looked at the caller ID to see it was Hamdan and immediately picked up.

"I've been calling you for HOURS!" 

"I know brother, I know. And we were handling some business," He responded.

"What business?"

"Getting Iman out safe and sound. Not to mention, avoiding Baba and his whole army of men back at the palace."

"Where's Iman? Is she safe? Is she alright?" I asked.

"She seems weak. She's not able to walk that's for sure and she's unconscious. We got Doctor Amira on the jet with some equipment she'll need to treat her."

"You did good. Thank you. I wouldn't want her being treated in Dubai where everything is controlled by that monster," I clenched my teeth.

"No problem. We should be landing within four hours. See you then," He said

"Alright. I'll prepare her transfer to this hospital."

"Sounds good. Bye."

With that, he hung up and Zack sat down across from me and asked, "Did they find her? Is she safe?"

"Yes, they're all on their way now."

He sighed and nodded. That's when I finally came to a conclusion in which I was going to call that Monster and interrogate him. Zack watched me as I picked up my phone and called him. His eyes widened upon seeing the name on the screen before I held it against my ear.