Chapter 21 | Vows

Iman's POV

"OW, MAMA!"

I suddenly gasped at her attempt in tying the back laces of the dress and even brought upon a couple of chuckles from all the staff in the room.

The makeup crew had already finished with my makeup and Harper was going to be helping me with my dress once I entered the wedding hall because it was so long, not to mention, heavy.

"Maybe had you gone on a diet and shaped your body, you wouldn't be going through this." She said

I was speechless. Mostly because she was lecturing me in front of so many people. But, she could care less.

"There, I'm all done."

I didn't feel the tips of her fingers on my back anymore and looked into the mirror. I checked to see how she did with the laces in the back and after confirming that it looked perfect, I grabbed my scarf from the table just to my right.

After I placed the last pin through the fabric of the scarf to hold it in place, I turned around toward everyone and asked them,

"Well...how do I look?"

Everyone started responding and I even heard some clapping. For some reason, Harper started tearing up and my eyes widened and instantly scolded her.

"Harper, if you cry, I'm gonna cry! And the makeup team took so much time."

"I'm sorry." She chuckled, "I just didn't expect to see this day coming so soon."

I gave her a hug and just then, there was a knock on the door followed by a woman with a headset.

"Ms. Iman, you're going to be going up soon, as for everyone else, it'll be greatly appreciated if you guys took your seats out there now."

Once finishing her announcement, she quickly left, making sure to close the door behind her. Then, slowly, one by one, people started leaving to go to the ceremony hall as I stayed behind with Harper.

My insides weren't feeling well, despite the day being so bright and filled with joy. I had this weird feeling that kept haunting me and preventing me from being content to the fullest.

"Are you nervous?" Harper suddenly asked.

I sighed, "I am very nervous."

"I mean, you have grown feelings for him. Just think of it as seeing him on any regular day but dressed up," she reassured.

"It's easier said than done, Harper," I smiled at her.

Another knock was heard and the same woman appeared, only this time, her announcement was different.

"Ms. Iman, follow me."

Zane's POV

Had I known that Zack was going to go crazy with the invitations and invite almost half the world, I would've done the invitations myself but right now, standing in front of them, waiting for Iman, wasn't as comfortable.

But, it could just be me. I've been in front of more people in my life, I've also worn more uncomfortable suits, yet, for some reason, all of this felt like it was a new experience.

The announcer was standing just beside me and whispered, "You seem nervous Mr.Zane."

"I can't lie to you, I feel nervous," I responded

"Once you see your bride, it'll all go away." He tried to reassure me.

For some reason, I didn't understand what he meant by that until the crowd suddenly started clapping and I looked at the start of the long podium to see Iman, holding her bouquet, nervous to look up or even tilt her head.