Prologue

A/N hey guys so this is my first fic so don't judge and please comment love you guys A/N

Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Supernatural and anything you recognize isn't mine 

Bonus Pic  because I fucking love that picture ;)

                                                                                            -~-

November 2, 1983

Mary Winchester woke to the sound of her 6-month-old baby crying. As she stumbled sleepily through the corridor, one of the lights flickered. For a millisecond, she was thrust back into her old Hunter days, but she shook it off as paranoia; that part of her life was over, it was probably just a spent bulb. 

By the time she reached her son's nursery, his wails had stopped and a man whose face was shrouded in darkness that Mary perceived as her husband John was rocking him gently to sleep.

"Is he asleep?" Mary whispered in the dark.

"Shh!" shushed John harshly.

Mary put her hands up in defeat and stalked downstairs for a quick sip of water. Once she reached the bottom of the staircase, she was met with sight of her husband John asleep in the recliner with an old war movie on.

Mary's eyes widened as she remembered her old demon deal 10 years ago to bring her beloved John back to life and the flickering bulb in the hallway.

"SAMMY!" she shrieked running up the stairs two at a time to reach his room.

As she burst through the baby blue colored door, she was met with the sight of ol' Yellow-Eyes feeding her baby demon blood.

"You," she gasped disbelievingly and grabbed an iron candlestick for a weapon and lunged for him. Hunter or not, Mary Campbell wasn't going to let a demon take her beautiful Sammy.

With an almost bored look, Yellow-Eyes flicked his wrist and threw Mary against the wall slashing open her stomach for good measure and pinned her to the ceiling like a bug.

John Winchester had been startled awake from his slumber to the sound of his wife's screams for his son. He run into the nursery to find... nothing. Everything was still and calm except for his wriggling and cooing baby. John smiled softly and gently caressed his son's cheek when a drop of something landed on Sam's forehead and then a few more.

John quizzically wiped some of the substance off and realized what the mystery liquid was when it left a dark smear on Sam's forehead. Blood.

Slowly and full of fear, John gazed upwards to the horrific sight of his wife frozen in mid-scream with blood staining her white nightgown.

John barely had time to register the shock of his wife and that she was magically on the ceiling when said ceiling suddenly burst into flames surrounding his wife.

By this time, their 4-year-old son Dean had woken up from all the commotion coming from his baby brother's bedroom. He toddled into the bedroom rubbing his bright green eyes when he saw his father frozen in shock staring at his mommy on the ceiling.

"Daddy," asked Dean frightfully, his little toddler heart beating quickly in his chest, "what's going on?"

Snapped out of his reverie by the sound of Sam's screaming and his other son's fear-filled voice, the former Marine snatched his wailing baby from his speedily smoldering crib and thrust him into Dean's arms.

"Take your brother outside as fast as can," he said sternly to Dean. Dean blinked in surprise; his father has never spoken to him that harshly before and little did he know, it wouldn't be the last time he would.

"NOW DEAN, GO!" John said louder and pushed Dean out of the doorway of the nursery while he tried to find a way to save his wife. Dean's big brother instincts took over and he ran as fast as his short legs could take him to the front lawn of the house.

"It's OK Sammy, it's gonna be OK," he said to his sniffling brother trying to comfort himself as well Sam. Suddenly, Dean felt the strong arms of his father scoop him and and his brother up and take them as far away from the burning house as what used to be Sam's bedroom exploded with a loud "BANG!"

Dean twitched slightly and even though he was almost dying of fear, he wouldn't dare show it, not in front of this person who used to be his father as he set them down on John's beloved 1967 Chevy Impala.

People from the neighborhood ran out of their homes after hearing the terrifying noises to help, and fire engines' sirens screamed in the distance. As the sirens were steadily getting closer, John and Dean caught a near impossible sight out of the shattered glass window of Sam's nursery. The shadow of a man grinning evilly with glowing yellow eyes standing in the middle of the flames, and then vanishing.

While the firefighters desperately tried to save their home and people comforted the silent boys, John Winchester made a promise to himself. To find...whatever killed the love of his life and make sure to return the favor.

                                                                                                 -~-

John eventually found out what killed Mary after consulting a psychic named Missouri Mosley.(Take a moment to scream and cry into a pillow. OK, we good? OK, back to the story my wayward children) An honest-to-God psychic, not the kind that tell you that you'll marry the boy (or girl) of your dreams, have 6 kids with them, live practically forever, then ask for their 20 bucks. Missouri explained everything that was out there: werewolves, vampires, ghosts, rugarus, ghouls, wendigos, demons, etc. She said that that's what killed his wife, a demon, and gave him the necessary tools and information to start his Hunting career.

Sam and Dean grew up like that, from motel room to motel room, never staying in one place long enough to make friends, and going on Hunts before they hit double digits. Dean was the one in charge of Sammy while his dad went on Hunts and left them in smelly old motel rooms. At the tender age of 4, Dean became Sammy's father, mother, and brother all at once and making sure Sammy never was near their obsessive bastard of a father whenever he got "home" in a drunken stupor. 

The two boys knew that they would never get their happy ending; even at a young age they knew that their lives would end at the end of the barrel of a gun or the blade of a knife. 

At least, that's what they thought until 14 years after the death of their mother and John left them in Sioux Falls for a particularly long Hunt in Minnesota.

A/N hey guys hope you liked this prologue and warning updates may be a bit all over the place but with the help of my beautiful editors: my best friend Mia who just joined Wattpad and my little sister Mariana, updates will come in under a month. Love you guys and please comment <3 A/N