Chapter 5: Get Out Alive

A/N im back bitches! im updating really early because i am in love with this story, love that you guys love it, and love your comments! so here we go A/N

*Flashback Time- A Few Thousand Epochs Ago*

Gabriel strolled through the fjords of Scandinavia trying to clear his head. Lucifer and Michael were fighting even more frequently now and were both becoming more and more radical. They had both come him asking him to take a side. Take a side?! What the hell?! These were his older brothers whom he looked up to. Everyone else, including Raphael, Dad, and even little Castiel took a side, mostly Michael's, but some angels took Lucifer's side as well. Gabriel was the only angel that just wanted it to stop and have everything go back to the way it was.

He was kicking up refrigerator-sized boulders and inadvertently creating blizzards all over what is now Norway when he heard a bloodcurdling scream. Not my problem, thought Gabriel, but he heard another and another, and Gabriel had a big heart, if not a tough exterior. He sighed and ran towards the source of the sound which took him to a cave where there was a god tied by his hands and feet with wolf entails while a giant snake showered burning venom into his face. His only respite was when a sobbing woman dressed in white robes caught the stinging venom in a bowl and quickly threw it into a steaming pool of water.

Gabriel jumped over the rock that he was hiding behind. Narcissistic god or not, he needed help and no mortal could untie those enchanted bonds, but an archangel could.

He flew up to the 60-foot snake first and strangled it with his bare hands while the woman screamed, but the god just stared with a awed smirk. Gabe then got his archangel blade and cut the entails. 

"You're welcome," said Gabriel was now stalking away.

"Wait!" yelled the god making Gabriel stop in his tracks, "I've never met a god or demigod with wings or strength like yours. Who are you?"

Gabe spun around on the heels of his feet and answered, "I'm neither; I'm an archangel, the name's Gabriel."

"No way, no way one of those junkless asshats would have helped me," said the god.

"Well, first off, those are my siblings, so watch yourself. Second, I'm not like most, What-Your-Name-Is," replied Gabriel with his usual snarky attitude that often got him in trouble in Heaven.

"Loki," replied the god, "my name is Loki, Gabriel."

"OK, Loki, my name is Loki Gabriel, I'm having a bad day so I'll see you around." Gabriel started walking out of the cave when Loki appeared in front of him.

"You've got style, angel, and a sense of humor, and I like that. If you ever need a favor, I'm there," said Loki.

"I don't need-" protested Gabriel, but then stopped. What if, no, it's impossible, he couldn't.

"Cat got your tongue?" teased Loki.

"I'll think about your proposition," said Gabriel tersely and flew away.

*Straight after Jesus was crucified*

"LOKI!" 

The god looked up from his card game when he saw a sight that he was never hoped to see again. Gabriel.

"It's time that I cash in on the favor."

"What do you need, old friend?" asked Loki, walking away from the game.

Gabriel told him the whole story: Doing Mary, pretending their son was the Son of God, Jesus dying, his brothers fighting once again, and wanting to get away from it all.