Chapter 9: This Christmas (I'll Burn It To The Ground)

A/N im sorry for the sucky filler chapter but in this chapter I will be doing some feels, homophobia, and a big Winchester/Novak/Singer Christmas party, soooo enjoy? P.S. i highly suggest you to listen to This Christmas (I'll Burn It To The Ground) by Set It Off, it's probably the best emo Christmas song I've ever heard A/N

Still Christmas Eve:

"Hello?!" bellowed John, "Is there anyone here?!"

Everyone upstairs froze. Sam looked absolutely petrified in Gabe's arms and Dean started to outright shake. The brothers knew what John would think about their relationship. He was one of those men who fought in the Vietnam War and was harassed by hippies when he came home. Since then, he's had a strong hatred for gays. If he found out that, not one, but both of his sons were dating men who were also supernatural beings, they may never set foot in Sioux Falls again or see their angels again. Hell, they might not even see the light of day again.

"Cas, Cas, I-I can't, I can't face him, he'll know, I know the second he sees me, he'll see a-a fag, and-and he'll be ashamed of me," whimpered Dean to Cas.

"Hey, hey, hey, my love, it's okay, it's okay, it's going to fine," comforted Cas, caressing Dean's face, "He doesn't have to know anything; to him, we're just friends."

"O-ok," stammered Dean, "You should put your wings away, though. Dad doesn't take kindly to supernatural creatures and we don't want you guys to get off on the wrong foot."

Cas pulled Dean's forehead against his, kissed him lightly, and whispered, "Whatever you want, beloved."

Dean nodded and pulled on his jeans and his favorite T-shirt- a blue Ride the Lightning Metallica band shirt. He silently handed Cas his non-hole trench coat which he put on after he retracted his wings into his back. Suddenly, the bedroom door opened, and Sam and Gabe walked in, Gabe with his wings tucked away.

"So, I guess we're going down together?" asked Sam tentatively.

"Yep," said Dean hesitantly.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

The four of them walked down as slowly as possible, delaying the inevitable and soon came face to face with no one other than John frigging Winchester.

"Where the hell have you boys been?" demanded John, "I was calling forever!"

"We were, um, playing, a, um, card game, really loud, with um, music playing, so we couldn't hear you," stammered Sam. 

"Ooookkkk?" said John a bit suspiciously because Dean and some weirdo kid with black hair smelled kinda familiar and this short stack with golden eyes seemed to be oddly protective of his gargantuan of a son, and Jo and her suspiciously close friend Charlie were nowhere to be found.

"John!" exclaimed Ellen brightly, her eyes red-rimmed from crying, "We weren't expecting you so soon!"

"Yeah, well, there's nothing on the...Yellow-Eyes front, so I thought I'd spend the holidays with my family, speaking of which, where's Jo and her probably fag friend Charlie, and who are the new guys?"

Everyone except Dean clenched their teeth at the word "fag" while Dean looked down to the ground turning red with shame. Sam looked heartbrokenly at his big brother, If only he knew. But he couldn't tell, not yet, he didn't have the heart to.

Ellen sighed and said, "Come with me, John; you've got a lot to catch up on."

-~-

"Wow, just...wow," said John in disbelief after hearing the whole story of the death of Azazel, the deaths of Jo and Charlie, the fact that fallen angels were living in South Dakota, and fact that angels were real and his sons were "best friends" with two of them. They left out the smashing done, and I don't mean the material smashing *suggestive wink.*