III. P R E T E N D

(Y/N) (L/N) Point of View

"Have you heard?! There's a hot guy up front!"

"Oh my god! I saw him he even has a cool car!"

My classes are done and I have the rest of the day free. I was hoping I could visit the grocery store so I could stock some food supplies at home since I wasn't alone anymore. My dad got me my personal security even though I told him I was fine but he insisted either way. He even made that guy, Levi, move in with me. I had no complaints whatsoever though since he obsessed on cleaning the first day he came over. He also cooks our meals and quite frankly, I was happy and grateful for that. Plus, I had to admit he looks good.

"Hey, (Y/N) will you go with us to the mall?" My friend Krista asked. "The others are coming too." As usual she had a friendly smile on her but with Ymir following her around, it was balanced as the taller girl had a quite unapproachable aura to her.

"Oh sure, I was planning to buy grocery anyway." I answered. I put my things inside my bag and went to join our group of friends who were just talking in the hallway. The girls include Krista, Sasha, Mikasa and Ymir while the boys include Connie, Eren, Armin and Jean. "Hey guys." I waved. Jean went to me and put his arms around my shoulders just like he does with every girl since he was really flirty.

"Let's watch a movie." Eren suggested. No one was complaining so we just assumed everyone agreed to it so we wasted no time and walked out the school campus.

We were all laughing to some joke Connie said. It wasn't that funny but the way he said it was funnier added to that is Sasha's laugh which was funnier than the joke itself. "Pfft, that was lame." Jean said, his arm still around my shoulders.

"(Y/N). It's time to head home."

My eyes widened when a guy with black hair and silver eyes stood on the side, leaning on a familiar black matte car. "Levi? I thought I told you you don't have to pick me up?"

His face was blank, not letting any emotions slip through his facade. "Your father gave me strict orders to watch over you. I have authority to bring you home by force." He said, walking over to us and glaring at Jean making him release me. "Now get in the car."

I sighed. "Fine mom." I didn't want to get in trouble and I was too lazy to watch a movie I wasn't interested in anyway so I followed Levi after apologizing to my friends. Only then did I notice a curious and shocked look on their faces. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I smiled.

I expected Levi to open the door for me just like how they did it in the movies but reality slapped me hard when he got in after saying, "What are you waiting for? Christmas? Get in." I rolled my eyes and got in, slumping in the passenger seat.

"By the way, we need to stop by the grocery store." I said, pushing the button beside my seat to pull down the windows. I let my hair whip around as the wind speed through my long, (H/C) locks.

We stopped in front of a red light and I took the chance to observe Levi as he sat on the driver's seat, one hand on the steering wheel. His other arm was resting by the window. At first glance, he may look too stoic and too boring but upon closer inspection, he actually looks not half bad. "What are you looking at?" He asked, still keeping his eyes on the road as he pumped up the engine once the traffic light turned green.

"Nothing... Just... You look like Snow White!" I smiled, teasing him. "Are you flattered?"

He didn't say anything more and just quietly drove until we got to the grocery store. After parking the car we head inside and I immediately pulled a grocery cart and pushed it to catch up with Levi. When I was younger, my dad used to push the grocery cart with me sitting in the kiddie seat attached to it. That made everything fun. My mom would pick out some items while my dad gave her second opinions. I always thought both of them looked ridiculously cute as a couple and proceeded in dreaming about experiencing it one day.

"Let's go grab some cleaning materials and toiletries first, luv." I smiled innocently at Levi. His eyes widened a fraction for a second but those slits returned to normal quickly.

"Stop calling me that." He said, only for it to be ignored.

"You need a toothbrush." I said and just in time, I came across a couple toothbrush, one was pink and one was green. "Hey look! These are cute. I could see myself using this green one." I chuckled. I knew that left him to use the pink one but who cares?

We were done selecting some shampoo, soap and some windex so we went ahead and grabbed some food stock and went through the poultry section as our last stop. I planned on buying some fresh meat so Levi would stop complaining about all the frozen food I have. "Luv, what do you think? Chicken breast or chicken wings?" I asked weighing the two in front of Levi. I am aware I'm calling him with some sappy pet names but it was fun to see him get flustered for a bit before he went back to normal.

"Why don't we just buy both parts?" He asked but it sounded more like a suggestion to me.

"Young love." I looked behind us only to see an old woman holding a basket filled with goods. She had a smile on her face and it told me that she was somehow reminiscing her young days. "You must be newly weds stocking up food?"

"We are no-" Levi was about to deny it but a mischievous thought crossed my mind and I jumped beside Levi, huging his arm, latching myself beside him.

"Right? You think we look good together?" I asked, hoping to earn a nice reply in order to tease Levi even more.

"Oh you look perfect dear!" She grinned, looking between me and my supposed husband. "My, such fine lad, You must love your pretty wife so much!"

Levi looked down and sent me a glare. He was so serious and so stoic, it took a lot of effort for me to see his expression flicker like a dead light bulb. It was difficult but it was well worth it. Specially that small hint of blush on his cheeks right now.

"Your basket looks heavy, ma'am." Levi said, "Are you done with grocery?" He asked.

The old lady nodded and Levi was quick to offer his help and carry the basket for her. I followed with our cart. Levi helped the lady until she got to the counter and we went to another free one. I left Levi my credit card and told him I'll wait outside.

But just before I left, I saw the cashier girl giving Levi a flirty look and a wink. With heavy steps, i walked back to where Levi was and surprised him and the girl with a kiss on the cheek. "Hubby, I can't wait for you to cook us some dinner." I smiled. Levi looked shocked more than ever, but still kept his calm demeanor. This guy is a robot, I tell you.

"You shouldn't try to steal a husband in love with his wife. These two look inlove. " The old lady said, a cheeky smile on her face. Her comment left the cashier girl bitter and embarrassed but it was a sight to see although I would highly recommend the old lady to go get her eyes checked.

With that, I offered the old lady a ride home even though it is Levi's car and he is the one who will be driving. The lady refused since he was just around the block but since I insisted, she just got on the back seat. I knew Levi was fine with it too since he looked like he enjoyed helping the elderly earlier.

When we got back home, I kicked my shoes off at the entrance, took my jacket off and flung it somewhere in the living room. I dropped to the sofa and started playing with my phone.
"Looking forward to dinner, bae." I said, really looking forward to eating with him.

"I won't cook until you put away your shoes and jacket properly." Levi said, sending me a glare. What a jerk.