XII. I N D E P E N D E N T

You'd think their relationship would progress to something more romantic but no. The boy is way too oblivious and the girl is way too childish. They just wouldn't get along well!

"(Y/N)! Time to eat!" Levi called from the kitchen. He prepared a nicely cooked rice with sardines.

Automatically, the girl came down to eat. But it wasn't her the ravenette had called. "I'm here! Just in time, Levi. I was starving..." She said, sitting on the chair, ready to eat.

"Why are you hear? I called for (Y/N) the cat. Where is she?" Levi looked around. The girl was in complete disbelief, Levi had actually done that.

"(Y/N), come here!" Levi called again and this time a little kitty came, sprinting with her little paws.

Meow

Levi placed the kitty bowl on the floor and unconsciously smiled as he watched the little thing eat with gusto. Unfortunately the girl wasn't taking any of it.

She pouted and scowled. "Leviiiii what about me? I'm hungryyyyy." She whined. She didn't want to admit it but she love Levi's cooking. She totally relied on him even though she knew it was wrong. "Babeeeee, feed meeee."

The man had rolled his eyes. He saw how the girl was dependent on him and he knew it wasn't healthy. "(Y/N), I am not your mom, your Cinderella, your babe, your luv or your Cruella." He started what seemed to be the beginning of a looooong lecture. "I am your bodyguard and my duty is to protect you. You should make your own meals, wash your own clothes and clean your own place."

The girl frowned. "How do you know that?" She asked loudly but in her mind, she wondered how Levi knew he wasn't her 'luv'. (Y/N) is already smitten with Levi. She recognized her feelings and she made sure she let him now. "Fine! From now on, I'll cook our food, do our laiyndry and clean the house!"

Little did they know, that small dedication would lead to a disaster.

The first thing to do when cooking is to gear up. By that, (Y/N) meant, her phone and google. She decided to make some sort of pasta for dinner and thankfully, youtube was there to help her. She hummed to herself while she prepared dinner. Unbeknownst to her, Levi was watching her while sitting on the dining set.

Levi would take deep breaths and wince as she watched the girl use the knife and mince onions and garlic. He felt how inexperienced she is and that made him scared for her. Maybe he did the wrong thing and made her cook. What if she injured herself?

He couldn't sit still, watching her but he held himself down. He wanted the girl to be independent because he knew it wouldn't be forever he would be by her side. One day, they were gonna go on their separate ways.

The girl held a pot cover and dropped the garlic and the onion on the pan. The oil immediately popped and she screeched. "Ow oww!" She clicked her tongue when she saw that patches of skin where the oil had hit her turned darker than her original skin color.

Levi was about to jump in and take over but when he saw the determined look on the girl's eyes, he stopped midway. It was true when Mrs (L/N) had told him that the girl lacked motivation to do anything. But now, she was slowly gaining the want to move for herself.

After the long wait, (Y/N) had finally finished cooking. She transferred the pasta into another container and immediately cleaned up the kitchen. She made an entire pile of mess. Olive oil spilt on the counter and the floor, there were vegetable peels everywhere, plastic wrappers etc. She cleaned up with haste because she was excited to let Levi taste her first dish.

Actually, the food tasted like trash. It was bland and the potatoes were hard and raw. She had poured way too much olive oil. It was a huge start of the disaster which was yet to come.

"Levi, let's eat!" She called.

The man had sat on his usual seat and anticipated the food. The visuals were nice and the food looked appetizing so he felt satisfied with it. He even glanced at the kitchen and smiled when he saw the girl had cleaned up the kitchen after using it.

The girl served him some pasta and sat down, not letting her eyes wander somewhere else. She watched as Levi twirled his fork and collected pasta.

For Levi, the fact that the girl didn't burn the kitchen down and even cleaned up after herself was already a huge improvement and an act worthy of praise. It would be. Bonus if the food tasted great. He put the food in his mouth. As usual, his face held no emotion whatsoever. It was impossible to know what his thoughts were and the girl was already growing anxious. She ate a spoonful and immediately felt bad. "Let's order some food..." She suggested, more like commanded. She was about ready to grab Levi's plate but he stopped her.

"I'll eat this." Levi said, commiting himself into eating the terrible food.

He hated the taste and he wanted to cook their food now but then again, he couldn't ignore the girl's passion into making the food and he admired her for that. Even though it tasted bad, he swore, he would finish what was served in his plate.

Of course, Levi's actions didn't help (Y/N) once again. This just added more reasons to why the girl had fallen for him.

After building up her courage once again, (Y/N) took a deep breath and blurted out, "Levi, I like you." She said as casual as possible. She was trying again after getting lowkey rejected last time.

"What are you talking about so suddenly?" Levi asked. He then pointed to her plate. "Start eating, we need to finish everything."

(Y/N) was beyond frustrated. "Levi urgh." She groaned.

"What?" The boy asked, acting confused but in reality, the girl's feelings were 100% crystal clear to him.

"Nothing. Let's just eat." She pouted and continued stuffing her face with bland and overcooked pasta.