VIII. T R Y

He looked away, guilty of doing something so heartless to a poor tiny cute kitten. But was it his fault that he was purely enraged by seeing the tiny monster make a mess out of his bedroom wherein he valued cleanliness more than sleep?

It was going on for thirty minutes of ranting and angry stomping... (Y/N) had been scolding Levi fort the oast thirty minutes straight. As tough as he looks, he actually had a soft side inside, it wasn't like he was scared of (Y/N), instead he was afraid his emotionless face would break once he looked her in the eye... Levi hated to admit it but... The girl, glaring at him looked really cute.

"Are you even listening to me?!" She asked, raising her voice once again. But she plopped on the sofa, cuddling the tiny furball in her arms and sighing. "Whatever... Just... Just don't leave the kitten out in the cold rain... You can put her in her cage hut inside the house..."

"Yeah yeah." Levi said, finally moving, after standing completely motionless and still in front of (Y/N). He sat on the couch beside the girl, relaxing his tired muscles after standing so long. But it seemed like the world was making fun of him because his phone, which was in his room, rang loudly.
He grunted, annoyed by the fact he had to stand up and walk to get it but he did anyway since the ringtone was of a song called Reluctant Heroes which he strangely liked. He set it as his ringtone for any call that would come from the HQ, hearing it now meant it was urgent. "I'll get that."

As he expected it was Erwin's name bright on his phone screen. "What do you want?" Was the first thing he asked after answering, no shame, no respect, nothing.

"Levi, tomorrow is Saturday, right? (Y/N) doesn't hve school, let her stay at home and come here in the office tomorrow morning." Erwin spoke, fast and hurried. He sounded troubled and worried.

"Why should I?" Levi dared to ask. "What if I don't go?"

"Well then say sorry to that girl you are protecting and lets have someone else look after her." Erwin joked, though it sounded serious. Levi didn't know but for some reason the idea of having someone else protect his girl was strange and it didn't sit well in his tummy. "Just come here! Mr (L/N) wants to have a word with you!!"

Levi gruntled. "Fine." And he hang up.

He went back to the Living room only to see the girl was already dozing off on the couch. She probably had a long day at school. Levi sat beside her and tried to relax his muscles. He closed his eyes and just for one moment, he was content... He wished everything could be like that, peaceful, not having to be emotionless and so guarded all the time. Just one day... Maybe ask for a day off? No, he knew he deserved more than a day off since he dealt with this handful girl everyday. Really, she was troublesome but why did he find himself smiling now that he was thinking of her?

The things you put me through...

After minutes of sitting and relaxing, Levi felt a weight on his shoulder-- literally. (Y/N)'s head had fallen unto his shoulder and was comfortably resting there. It was one of this dilemmas pet owners go through, when your cat falls asleep on your lap and you would rather get pins and needles than wake up that cute creature sleeping on you. That's the thing, (Y/N) wasn't his pet and i. Fact if this was their first day living together, he would have no problem pushing her, not caring if she woke up but now.... Things were different...

Levi had to admit, he was feeling things that were too difficult to understand.

He was actually happy with the girl leaning on him. He didn't think of it but it was as if his body acted on its own for he leaned on to her as well. His mind protested and told him to go back to his room but his heart told him to just enjoy the moment before it fleets away.

The fresh smell of vanilla teased his senses and enabled him to relax further, the girl's scent was tantalizing and it had relaxing effects on him because smelling her scent meant she was close and that calmed every anxious nerve he has.

Though, one little thing, (Y/N) wasn't asleep. This were all a farce she planned to get closer to him, she didn't think it would work though.

She burried the urge to chuckle and act smug towards him and then tease him about how he melted to her when they leaned on each other for support. It wasn't worth teasing him about it. After a long long long painful time, he was finally becoming soft and he was finally opening up, (Y/N) wasn't gonna ruin that by letting a snide remark slip past her lips. Instead, she pretended to be asleep and she snuggled for comfort, going as far as to hug his arm. A bold move.