XVIII. U N B E L I E V A B L E

"Let's play beach volleyball!"

An excited Petra took a beach volleyball from her basket underneath the umbrella, in truth, she joined Levi's entourage after learning it was gonna be held at the Arlert's beach house. Naturally, she expected they would stay there. They want to. Even if Levi said no, they'll get (Y/N), their boss's daughter to make the strict guy say yes. A surprise fell on them like a bucket of water when their cold superior gave in without a fight, that's when she noticed he changed ever since he got stuck with the goofy girl.

"I'm in! Let's have two Ackerman teams!" Jean called out, wanting a match between the two relatives.

It was a great idea, the teens naturally grouped together and the adults grouped together. But a simple match would be very boring so a certain mischievous brat, Connie suggested that there should be a punishment for the losers. But in reality, the young ones wanted to get back at the bunch for scaring the shit out of them.

"How about the losers become the slaves for the winners?" Eren asked, an evil glare in his eyes and a maniac smile on his lips. Earlier on, Levi kicked him and stepped on him, if the short man loses, he'd make him kneel in front of him.

"Tsk. What a waste of time." Oluo said, imitating his idol though he did a terrible job at it.

"Fine." Levi said. He was gonna crush the younger ones and send them all home in an instant and tell them not to bother his (Y/N) anymore. That was his plan. With that, he gathered his team and began instructing everyone. Again, the others were quite surprised to see Levi so worked up on a simple game, he was definitely having fun, even if he denies it, it was apparent.

Hanji ended up being the referee and Armin, because of his unathletic body decided to be the scorer.

"Why are you wearing that at a beach?" Armin asked innocently to the girl beside him, wearing a formal white button up over her white bikini. He already knew it was Levi's clothes but he didn't understand why the girl would have it and wear it. Specially since it was hot and humid.

"I was ordered to wear it." (Y/N) pouted. She had the button up on. Only one button in the middle was secured and the sleeves were rolled up to her elbows. Levi rolled it up for hear earlier on after he noticed the sleeves were too long for her. She then started blushing, recalling the events earlier. "Damn it."

"Levi did?" Armin asked. "He's overprotective huh?"

"You don't understand the full extent of it." She said with a sigh. The guy was tiring but why does she still like him anyway? It was puzzling but that's how emotions are. Plus, she didn't need a reason to like someone.
Then an idea popped up, she held in a smile.

Without further ado, the players got on opposing sides of the net with their team. It was Levi, Eld, Gunther, Oluo and Nanaba VS Mikasa, Jean, Eren, Connie and Sasha. (Y/N) didn't want to participate in too active activities hence she decided to score with Armin. Levi was glad about that though, he wouldn't feel bad about destroying the morale of the opposing team, he wouldn't have to hold back.

The game started of lightly like a friendly match, only that it wasn't. It quickly turned heated, every time Levi smashed the ball down to the other side, a certain Ackerman would always manage to block it perfectly. Defeating the youngsters didn't seem so easy now that he was going against his cousin who excelled in combat just like him.

"Don't mind!" Connie called out after Sasha failed to block an incoming ball and the opposing team scored.

It didn't take long for Levi to get ticked off. "Tsk." He hissed, his eyes turning to narrower slits. He looked at the scores and they were in the lead by a single digit number. For trained agents, they sure sucked at volleyball. "Everyone focus. We will defeat them." He said. His eyes then scanned the place, only to see the girl he was fighting for, offer water to that bastard Jean, her bestfriend.

He marched towards them and pulled her to their side. "You're in our side.". He said, a small pout on his lips.

NEVER did Levi's team ever dream of seeing their captain pout like that. He seemed like a different person to them! He was so brutal, if he grabs someone's hand, it would leave a bruise but he held (Y/N)'s hand with such unfamiliar gentleness.

"Hey! Levi, I was talking to my friends!" The said girl fumed.

"Where's my water?" He asked.

They almost wanted to burst out laughing but they knew better.

The (H/C) hair colored girl chuckled patting Levi's shoulders. She then gave him a bottle of blue Gatorade she was sipping earlier on. It's impossible, captain hates bodily fluids, does she know a saliva contains excessive amount of bacteria? Oluo thought but soon enough, his thoughts were proven wrong once Levi, hinself uncapped the bottle and gulped a generous amount.

"Geez, I never seen you so sweaty before." (Y/N) said, pulling the button up's sleeve down and reaching up to dab on the ravenette's forehead to dry off the glistening sweat that has formed.

"Tsk, how are they such tough opponents?" He muttered.

Unbeknownst to the pair, everyone else were staring at them. The two were stupidly blind! Hanji was so frustrated, she slammed her glasses to the sandy ground so she wouldn't have to see a suffocating sweet PDA in front of her. "Everyone get to the court, the game will resume soon!" She called out, rubbing her temples.

The players moved towards the court, but Levi was behind all of them, his wrist held back by a certain girl. "Hey, if you win this, I'll tell you a secret you definitely would want to know." She smirked.

"Tell me now, I'll win anyway." Levi said, curious about her secret.

"Hah sorry, no can do."