CHAPTER 17: "A WIFE'S DUTY"

LISA'S POV...

I waited for Jennie outside as I search for my phone. Jennie arrived and opened the backseat for me.

"Did your surgery went well?" I asked as she started driving. She looked at me in the rear view mirror and smiled.

"Yeah. It's quite unusual that I don't have tonsils anymore. But I've been better." She answered. I sighed in relief and just nodded. Glad she's okay now.

"Umm..." Jennie muttered, like she has something more to say.

"Jackson told me at the hospital... he has a lot to ask me. Don't you think he found out that you are behind his missing painting?" Jennie worriedly asked looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"He thinks Jungkook's behind it. He actually came to me before he went to the hospital. He even told me Jungkook stole me from him just like the painting." I answered. Jennie then furrowed her brows in confusion.

"He went to your office? When I called you that time, I heard Jungkook's voice. Were you three talking in your office?" Jennie's question suddenly made me feel uncomfortable.

I'm sure Jennie will tease me to death if I told her that Jungkook and I almost had sex at my office. And fuck that demon for doing it in my own office.

"Y-Yeah. But Jackson left when Jungkook arrived to give me back my cellphone." I reasoned. Jennie seemed casual and nodded. I can still feel the warmth of his hands on my body! I almost crave for it every time! AND IT'S ANNOYINGLY UNFORGETTABLE!

Okay, Lisa. Why are you acting weird? Why don't you just tell her you had a hot make out with Jungkook yesterday?

What am I thinking?! Is overthinking a part of pregnancy too? And why would I bother telling Jennie? She's just my bodyguard. I shouldn't talk about personal matters to her.

Yes. Keep it professional, Lisa.

"A-Are you okay back there? You're sweating." Jennie worriedly eyed me in the rear view mirror and adjusted the air conditioner.

"Just---just keep driving." I avoided her gaze and focused on the view outside the window.

Why is it getting hot in here?!

JB GROUP COMPANY...

As usual, as I walk pass the employees, they kept on mumbling offensive and complimenting words about me.

I ignored the voices whispering around me and entered Jungkook's office. I actually have a lunch date with him because he said it's needed for media purposes.

We have to act again as if we're the most perfect couple out there. Even a better couple than Prince Harry and Meghan.

I find it odd that Jungkook suddenly have an interest in the media. But... whatever. I don't feel bad about having a lunch date with my husband.

As soon as I entered Jungkook's office, I was immediately disappointed to see Tzuyu placing some important papers on Jungkook's desk. But Jungkook is nowhere to be found.

"M-Mrs. Jeon, I-I didn't know you would come today." Her voice was shaking and shock was drawn all over her face.

"I guess Jungkook didn't told you that we have a lunch date today." I said smirking. She just let out an awkward smile and bowed to me.

"Why is she so nervous towards you?" Jennie whispered to me. I smirked at Jennie and turned my attention to Tzuyu.

"Secretary Chou." I called out before she could even open the door.