CHAPTER 42 : "SEOUL TOWN ROAD"

A/N:
Prepare your tissues because I literally cried while typing this.
•••

NARRATOR'S POV...

HOSPITAL...

"So... what now?" Taehyung started off.

The two lovebirds were left in the confinement room when the others made up some lame excuses to leave the two alone.

"I don't know." Jennie lowered her head, fidgeting with her fingers and playing with her dextrose.

"Don't you want an abortion—"

"Jennie." He cuts him off. She looked up to her and he was smiling.

"We're keeping the baby and we're gonna get married." He assured her.

But Jennie raised her head and couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I don't want to force you into something you're not comfortable with. You're a great friend to me—"

A great friend. Ouch, Taehyung thought.

"Jennie. I'm not forced into this. Though I admit that it's bit hard letting go of my freedom but... being with you is the same as that." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders.

"A-Are you sure? You don't really love me so marriage isn't—"

"Yah." He cut her off again. But this time with a different tone.

"Don't ever say I don't love you. I will marry you whether you like it or not." Taehyung said in a stern voice.

Jennie was a bit taken a back but she couldn't deny the joy forming in her face upon hearing those words.

"F-Fine, alright. Say whatever you want." Jennie uttered and rolled her eyes.

Taehyung suddenly stood up from his seat and beside Jennie's hospital bed. He held Jennie's left hand and looked at her in the eyes.

Jennie was bit startled but she didn't reject his touches at all.

But then... Jennie's eyes widened and a gasped escaped from her lips when Taehyung did what every girl dreamed of.

He knelt down on one knee.

Jennie tried to pull him up but Taehyung kept his posture. Jennie wanted scream and cry but she was just speechless and doesn't even know what to do anymore.

"Jennie." Taehyung called her.

Jennie's eyes went to him immediately but her expression is still pure shock. She knows what's about to happen but she doesn't know what to do about it.

Her feelings are mixed with joy, irritation, worry, and a lot more that she can't even enumerate.

"I don't have a ring to offer but my love to you and for our future kid." He started off.

If the others were witnessing this, they'll probably die cringing. But Taehyung didn't even cared for the word 'cringe' when he said those words.

Jennie on the other hand is still worried and happy and irritated and etcetera. She doesn't know what to feel or what to say that only tears flowed down her cheeks.