𝐨𝐧𝐞 | " 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. "

Joe.

Today I woke up rather late than what I usually do on a Sunday morning. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have Gwilym around so no one's going to yell at me for sleeping too much. That sounds about right, then. I get to spend the whole weekend all by myself as he will be staying back home in UK for his sister's wedding. Not that he didn't invite me to accompany him, he was forcing me actually.

It's just that my lazy self won and I told him I'll be working on new portfolios even if I have my project done a week early. A time alone isn't too much too ask, right?

Right?

"What should I do today.." I quietly asked myself, clearly I'm still laying on the bed and not planning on getting up. Well unless I've decided what to do.

Should I clean my room? Nope, it'll be messy in time so why bother.

Should I clean the house? Funny I thought of that when Gwilym probably did it before he left.

Should I build a fort and watch old action movies and eat a couple of tubs ice cream until Gwilym comes back?

Sounds about right.

Okay, I know we don't have ice creams left because Rami ate all of them the last time he took a visit. That means I'll be forcing myself to actually get my ass up and shop for food. It's food, Joe. It's for your own sake. Quit lazing around, asshole.

Oh god, Gwil is mentally yelling at me at the back of my head. I stopped talking to myself and decided finally rip my body out of the bed. I took a quick shower and throw on some recent clothes (when I say decent, it's a hoodie and tight black jeans) before I styled my hair.

You know, the usual.

I was preparing myself a cup of tea when I noticed something at the window by the kitchen, the one that's above the sink and overlooking the house next to ours. As far as I remember, it has been unoccupied ever since Gwil and I moved in. That's five years ago, Rami said that no one in the neighbourhood knows what happened to the owners and their grandson. They just woke up one day and they're gone.

I find it kind of creepy that a family of two elder couple and their grandkid just disappeared out of nowhere. I may add, Rami said that the elders were super nice but he never got the chance to meet the kid. Now it's creepier because I swear to God I just saw someone walked pass the empty living room.

Nah, bro you're still sleepy.

Fuck, no there it goes again.

I rubbed my eyes with my fist and tried to focus  my gaze on the house. I even walked closer to our sink to give a good sight, squinting my eyes a bit. Then I overheard a faint thud from the house, something like a cupboard opening and closing. My heart begun to throb in anticipation and fear. My fucking hands are sweating and I can't even remember if I put the teabag on my cup already. I turned away for seconds to check that I actually put the teabag and when I brought my gaze back I swear my soul left my body.

A figure was standing in front of their sink as well, it was blurry due to the fact that the mirror of our windows are overlapping so I really can't see his face. Yes, it's a man. A bit shorter than me, quite pale but as pale as me. All I'm sure of was he is wearing a navy green shirt with a dog tag. He just stood there and is staring at me.

It took me a minute before I could finally move, shuffling around and pretend that I wasn't looking as I turn around as quickly as I could and left the kitchen to ran in the living room. I have my hand grasping on my chest because of how my heart is beating so fast. I AM SO FUCKING SCARED.

Is that a man? Is that the grandkid? But Rami said he never saw the grandkid. Oh my god, am I hallucinating? Is it because I haven't eaten? Jesus I need Gwilym.

If it's a ghost, I'm gonna fucking lose it.

I went to look around for my phone to call Gwilym because I can't move on from what I have seen. But then I thought twice because I know his sister's wedding is far more important than my stupid hallucinations.

Yes, Joe. It was all just an hallucination. You're not you when you're hungry. Go and do your groceries. You'll be fine, text Rami and Sami to spend the weekend with you. It doesn't matter if you spend more than necessary as long as you're not alone for two days. It'll be fine.

Yes, just an hallucination.

An hour had passed before I could actually got the nerves to leave the couch. My tea is already cold but who cares about that. I took a quick glance on the house as I went out and locked the house. It looks like it usually does, actually. Empty.

I decided to walk the opposite way so that I wouldn't have to cross by the house and even if the route will take a bit longer, it's worth it. Totally worth it.

But damn if it was an actual person, he would have been hot.

𝐀𝐲𝐞-𝐨𝐡! 𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐡? 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨, 𝐡𝐢 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫. 

-𝐫.