𝐭𝐞𝐧 | " 𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚢 "

Joe.

"Hell—"

"Where did you take the boy?"

"Wha— what boy— what the fuck, Rami?!" The bastard didn't even spare me a greeting when he answered the call and now is asking for a boy— Jesus Chris Gwilym.

"Did Gwil tell you?!"

"Of course, darling you can't hide from us! Now tell me where did you take your boy toy and I will—"

"Shut the fuck up he's not a boy toy! It's Ben! Benjamin Jones, Rami!" As you can see I'm trying my best to calm myself before I start yelling on the phone. We're on a public place and this is a park. Last thing I want to do is make children cry and run away thinking I'm crazy.

Ben is enjoying himself on the swings, still. Now he's taking pictures using his phone and I didn't even know he has one. Not to judge but when I see what's inside his home I thought he's some kind of a British Steve Rogers.

Some good old-fashioned lover boy.

"Benjamin.." Rami spoke softly, I can imagine him putting his free hand under his chin like an idiot. "Oh! So you've met..." his voice suddenly became curious and I don't wanna deal with him anymore.

"I swear to— listen. He wants to see you. I mean, he mentioned you're the only person he knows around the neighourhood aside from uncle Jim."

"Since when you became Mister Jim's nephew?"

"Rami!"

"Sorry. Where are you now? I'm supposed to meet Lucy later but I'm sure she wouldn't mind as I'm going to reunite with my old pal Benjamin."

"We're in the park. And Ben. Call him Ben. Benjamin sounds like you want to offer him an insurance."

"Oh, darling. I will not only offer him insurance. I'll offer you to him—"

"Meet us here. Bye!" I might have pressed the end button harder than necessary even though I know it won't end the call faster. My cheeks are probably in the deep shade of red.

I'm afraid Rami will do what he said because that's just him.

I walked back to check on Ben and immediately smiled to myself. He's talking to a girl who's occupying the swing next to him. He sounds so gentle and was using this baby voice even though he's failing so bad because of his accent. It's cute. Both of them are giggling about something Ben told her and the girl noticed me approaching them.

"You must be Joe!" The girl said and pointed at him.

I pointed at myself and chuckle. "Uh. Yeah. It's me, Joe. Hi. How are you?" I was never good with kids because it's been a while since I get to talk to one. My siblings never speak to me after I ran away and sometimes I think it's more of a personal choice because they're as homophobic like their father or he simply didn't let them talk to me.

"I'm good! Ben here is talking about yo—"

"Veronica! Oh, there you are! I am so sorry." Suddenly a woman in their late thirties came by, calling the girl.

"Mom!" Apparently based on her mom, her name is Veronica and the girl jumped out of the swing to greet the woman. She keeps giggling and went on to whisper something to her mother, which the latter smiled brightly at.

The mother then look up to us with a apologetic smile and said. "I'm sorry if my daughter disturbed you, guys. She just really curious and just wants to speak with adults. You know kids."

The three of us laughed at the matter. "It's alright. She's a lovely gal, madam." Ben then said, beaming at Veronica.

"Thanks! We'll go now. Veronica say bye." The kid waved at us which we gave back. "Enjoy your date!" Was her last words before disappearing from our sight.

"What."

Ben just laughed at my reaction, looking up to me. "What?"

I looked at him confused. "Y-you—"

"Man, you seem disbelieved. Am I not worthy to be your date huh?"

The confidence is really high today.

"I have high standards, Ben." I flipped my imaginary long hair and snap my fingers. It made him laugh more and I couldn't help myself either. We fell into fits of laughter without any reason.

If it's because he find it hilarious that the woman thought we're dating, I don't know. But it's a good thing that if that's it then it means he doesn't mind. That could mean he isn't homophobic. That means he's fine with it. Or it could mean a lot of things too but let's settle with that.

"Okay, enough." I said and he nod in agreement. "I called Rami and he should be here any minute because he lives very near and before you know he's behind us—"

"That is true."

I fucking jumped out and slap whoever the fuck decided to whisper behind my ear. Ben was also shocked but giggled after.

"Rami what the fuck?!"

"Rami?"

"Yes it is I, Rami. You must be Benjamin! I remember that blue eyes." He sounds creepy to me, I don't know.

Ben got up from the swing. "Yes, it's me Ben! Wow, never thought I've get to see you again man." Rami pulled him into a tight hug which surprised the him, but giving in to it after a few seconds.

I just stood there watching these two grown up men talk about their childhood. It was fun to hear all their reminiscing but it made me think of the time my life was normal, which made me sad.

"Do you know Joe thought you're a ghost and asked me and my love to—" I snapped back to reality when I heard my name and realized Rami is now telling Ben the story I don't want to remember so I gauged his mouth with my hand.

"Shut up!"

"Yeah, I know. I know." Ben couldn't contain his laughter.

My eyes widened. "You know?!"

"I can hear you from inside of the house. Your voice is kind of loud."

"Oh, he's louder in—"

"Rami for God's sake!"

He managed to shut himself with his own hands.

"Uh.." Ben was furrowing his brows now but still has this cute face, glancing back and forth at me and Rami. "Should I be aware of somethi—"

"He's gay."

"Rami?!"

𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 11 𝐢𝐧 #𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐳𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 500 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐤𝐬𝐤𝐬𝐤𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮!