𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | "𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

Joe.

One day I thought my neighbour's house was haunted then next thing I knew, I'm dating the supposedly ghost— now with a bonus action featuring my male birthgiver.

This is a book-worthy shit guys, should I be a writer?

"Hey, sweetie. I've made your bed."

I looked up and saw my mom by the door frame, her smile wasn't leaving her face since Mary and I got home. Although her eyes were still puffy from crying so hard earlier, I can see the joy in them. God I missed my mom.

"Thanks, ma." I smiled and got up, only to rushed towards her because she started crying again. "Wh— what happened?!"

"Ah, nothing dear. I just missed you calling me ma." She spoke softly, caressing my cheek with her now wrinkled hand. Ten years went by so fast. My mom has gray hair already, not much but it's visible. I came closer to hug her tightly, I didn't know she can hug tighter.

"I missed you so much, mom." I kissed her forehead as I sway her softly, almost holding a baby. I started humming, trying to find the good song that we can dance to.

I've been cheated by you
Ever since I don't know when~

That earned a slap in my arm and giggle. "Oh, Joseph!" Yup, that was her favourite song. For fifteen years that I had stay home, he would cheat on mom multiple times but she would always accept him. I thought at first it was stupidity, I really do.

But now, I realized she loved too dangerously. I'm just glad she loves us more now.

We continued dancing slowly, my arms still wrapped around her shoulders. "I'm sorry, mom."

"Don't you ever feel sorry for being who you are, my love." She squeezed me as she speak. "Don't you ever feel sorry because you didn't choose to become what others are expecting from you. A decade ago, I've told you this I believe so." She then looked up to me with her (again) watery eyes. "I'm so proud of you. I'm so proud that my son grew up to be the person he wants to be, careless and full of love."

I bit my lower lip. "I've been crying and I only got home hours ago. Come on." We both laughed and hugged once more. I love cuddles. "I love you, ma."

"Oh I love you more, Joseph. I love you all." I felt her sigh against my chest. "Now let's get you upstairs in your room and tell me stories about this soldier boy you fancy."

I blushed hard I can feel my cheeks heating. "How'd you know?!"

"I have my ways, little Joe. I never lost communication with Kash. With you, yes I admit. But that's to protect you. Kash would always tell me what is happening."

I made a face. I wonder what stories had Grannie Kash told my mother— oh my god.

She knew that face of mine. Of course she knows! That's why she's laughing so hard in front of me. "Ah, look at you. Still the same adorable look when you know you fucked up!"

"Ma, language!"

"Silly, I know things more than you do. Come on, upstairs!" She marched ahead of me and I couldn't do anything but follow.

Her words kind of creeps me out. In a good motherly way.

—•• 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢.

I was awaken from my sleep by shattering of plates and glasses breaking. I rolled out of my bed, almost falling but I tried so hard not to make a sound. I don't know what is happening downstairs and I couldn't hear my mom, neither Mary.

No, no. Please not make it him, please.

"Where the fuck is he?!"

"Ronald! I've told you he's not he—" my mom was cut off by a hand  probably slapping her face. I covered my mouth before I could gasp, tears already falling down my cheeks.

I need my phone I need my phone I need my phone—

Another set of plates has been broken.

"Why are you keeping the faggot?! He should die, Felicia! I'm telling you this, he is the reason why we we're broke. We are cursed because of that abomination!"

"Stop talking about my brother like that—"

And another slap. "He is not your brother, Mary! I don't have filthy dick sucker of a son!"

He is getting too much he's fucking too much he's fucking too much.

I sent a text message to Ben going downstairs, mentally crying to God for guidance. I don't wanna die just yet. But I don't want to hide myself from him.

Him that I once called my hero. I understand that he's upset because I didn't grow up according to his plans. That it was John who went to military instead of me. That his son is gay.

But I don't have to understand that he's a homophobic person that hurt my mother not only emotionally but also mentally and physically, he's the worst father and he, of all people want me dead.

I walked downstairs and I was right, they're all gathered on on the kitchen. The plates were now into pieces and Mary's face is swollen, her eyes widened upon seeing me and screamed at me to go upstairs. I was caught in the moment and before I knew it—

Two gun shots filled the four corners of this place I used to call home.

To Benjamin 💕
I love you.
Sent 09:21 ✓