𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 | "𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚎."

Ben.

I followed Officer Leech to his desk quietly, trying not to make it such a big deal that I'm back here once again. Others saluted, thought I was still in the service but I didn't even get into my first camp.

I graduated for nothing.

"Have a seat." I obeyed, occupying the empty stool infront of the wooden desk. Despite the papers scattered around, Office Leech took out a neat brown envelope under his table and handed it to me. "This is all I've got for five years of investigation. We have proven the suspect guilty and he's in our custody. He was charged for domestic abuse and attempted murder. I want you to read what's inside first before you tell me what to do."

In all honesty, I don't like the tone Officer Leech is using. They're giving me instincts of what is inside the envelope and how could these paper will ruin everything. I took the envelope from his hand nonetheless, heaving a deep sigh. It's overwhelming that he didn't stop finding clues and go on with the investigation even though I gave up a couple of years ago. It was tiring to say the least— having to find answers when you don't know where to start.

Officer Leech was like a brother to me. He took in charge of my grandparents' case and spent most of his time back then hanging out with me. He taught me the basic skills that I have with guns and gave me a new hope upon pursuing my dreams.

"I know you need to go, but promise to call me once you've read all of that alright?" He pat my shoulder and I nodded.

"Thank you so much, Allen." I was again close to sobbing. I was never the one to hide my emotions before, if I'm sad I'm gonna cry. If something upsets me I will be annoyed.

I just gotten used to keeping my emotions to myself when I was left with nothing. But Joe's here now. And he knows me more.

I left the police quarter and went straight to the small room where Joe is currently resting, hiding the envelope from my friends' sight and placed in on the nearby table. It wasn't hard for me to do so when they're all gathered around the mattress and arguing about god knows.

I scoffed a couple of times, letting them know of my presence. Joe was the one to respond first, yanking Gwil and Rami out of his sight and there goes the love of my life.

He looks exhausted, which I totally understand but nonetheless he still look breathtaking. His plump lips were formed into a big smile and his hazel eyes are shining. His hair is a total mess and you would notice stains of blood on his shirt but I couldn't care less. This is the bravest man and he's mine.

"Alright, let's go!" Lucy announced as she push the two boys out of the room and locked the door behind them, with of course a sharp squeal from the three of them after. I chuckled, bringing my eyes to the now pouting ginger.

"What was that for?" I asked, leaning my back against the closed door. I crossed my arms above my chest, titling my head a bit to the angle I knew I look good.

Joe is obviously swoon by it, his cheeks immediately turn into a bright shade of red and squinted his eyes along. "Oh shut up you know exactly what you're doing—"

"I missed you." I mumbled, cutting whatever rant Joe is about to go. He kept his eyes locked in mine, god those precious eyes. They kinda reminds me of stars.

He didn't say anything to me, instead he spread his arms widely— tears already forming on the corner of his eyes. It didn't take much for me to launch myself to him, taking his whole frame in-between my arms tightly. He's so soft, with all his adorable fats around him that makes his squishy. "I missed you, I missed you so bad." I kept mumbling as I buried my face against his neck, inhaling all of his scent.

"I missed you so fucking much." He quietly sobbed, with his tears now staining my shirt. I cooed him, rocking our bodies back and forth slowly as I rub his back to soothe him.

"It's alright now Joey, I'm here. I won't leave." I whispered into his ear. I would never know how to comfort someone because I was always alone, but with this man I will do anything to make him feel loved.

"Promise me, you'll never leave? You'll never leave no matter what?" He pulls away from me and looked up, his puppy eye showcased fear and hope. I couldn't help but to admire him even in his weakest, I cupped his face softly.

"No matter what. I'm your bitch, remember?" It may occured to me that Mary mentioned Joe calling me this strange pet name and with the hopes of lightening the mood, I brought it up.

His cheeks light up once more, now a shy smile is forming  across his face. "Yes, you're my British bitch."

"Well then, you're my ginger hoe."

Again, he didn't say anything. He just looks at me with dreamy, with his hands now placed on top of mine while his thumb brushing against the back of my palm.

We kept this position for some moments, allowing ourselves to get lost in each other's eyes. Slowly, I start to lean forward and focused my gaze towards his parted lips. I've only tasted them once but the feeling never leave my system. It gets addicting. I just want to kiss him all day if I would give  a chance.

Joe shut his eyes closed, letting himself scoot closer to me. I couldn't feel my heart beat anymore due to it beating so loud. I filled the gap between us, pressing our lips together. It didn't take long for Joe to keep up, he had his hand now resting the at back of my neck while the other on my cheek. We kissed slowly and it felt like a dream. Our lips perfectly fit one another as we move in sync. It was too good to be true but I couldn't control myself. I want this to last, though I know this won't be the last.

We pull apart, our breaths catching each other. I pressed my forehead against his as I snaked my arms around his waist.

"I love you." I whispered, pecking his lips.

His smile grew even wider.

"I love you."

𝐬𝐨, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐫, 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭. 🖤