𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | "𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚢."

Joe.

Only a month after my father was arrested he was convicted for all the crimes he committed, especially for murdering Ben's grandparents. It still makes me sick thinking how cruel and heartless he could be and I'm still sorry for what he did to this day. Then things drastically changed a year after.

I didn't move back home and stayed with Gwilym— who's dating Taron from Rami's team of aspiring actors, speaking of Rami! He and Lucy are now married. I'm still wondering how Luce can handle taking care of Rami and their child at the same time if she ever gets pregnant.

Mom and Mary decided to follow John in Burbank because Mom would occasionally burst into meltdowns and couldn't handle the memories of the house. Ben was the one to move in to Mister Jim and Uncle Fred's after the incident though. Their house was standing still just like ours in Rhinebeck, they will serve as a reminder that it is all in the past and we all should move forward.

Ben and I? We're going to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow. Crazy right? I thought he would leave me when he found out my father was the person responsible why his grandparents died. It was a shocker when I heard about it and couldn't think straight. Funny how destiny and coincidence enjoyed playing with us but look we're stronger than ever. I was promoted and is now a content creator. Ben still works with Gwilym but he's now the head of PE department and opened a class for students to aspire to enter the military. He would offer seminars every Saturday and teach them basic stuff before they take the exam, it's all free. I couldn't be any prouder of my boyfriend.

Now that I'm thinking of Ben, I realized he haven't texted me all day. It happened once when he slept in too much after talking on the phone until 5 am on a school night, causing to go to work late. We're still in this old-fashioned kind of thing. Everyday he picked up flowers from Nana's garden and leave it on my room before he gets to work, he would bring me on a date every Sunday, he would sing me songs while he's playing guitar and every monthsary he would give handwritten letters. There was never a time he made me feel less loved. Of course we fight and we do a lot, but he wouldn't let it last. He would give in and apologize and in return— if I know if it's my fault— I give in and apologize too.

This relationship is a give and take.

I took my phone from my desk and check for messages, surprisingly it went on its familiar beep— signaling a message. I quickly tapped on it and smiled to myself.

Benjamin 💕
Hey, lover boy.
What you doing tonight?
Received 15:30

I bit my bottom lip, trying to suppress the squeal that is forcing itself out of my mouth. He surely knows how to make me go fucking gaga.

Nothing much, boy.
Sent 15:31 ✓

Benjamin 💕
Meet at the Ritz, nine sharp.
Received 15:31

Benjamin 💕
I mean Mary Claire's, Ritz' in UK jfc
Received 15:31

What do you have in mind huh lmao.
Sent 15:32 ✓

Benjamin 💕
You'll know. See you later love!
Received 15:32

I should be out by four pm but it won't hurt to go home a little early today. I don't know, something's telling me I should prepare for this. I know this is some kind of a date he always pulled up every occasion but hey, tomorrow's our anniversary. Let's see what my good old-fashioned lover boy has to offer.

I didn't reply to his last message and immediately wrap my things up, letting my co-worker know that I'll go undertime. She said it's alright since it's a Friday. Wow the world seems to approve with me today. I've decided to call Rami to help me pick a nice clothes to wear and he didn't even hesitate.