𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | "𝚑𝚎𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚢."

Ben

It was a busy week for me. I had to make sure everything is sorted out back in the office so I can get my last check. Not that I need it but uncle Jim said I should continue with my life even though I have to do it alone.

I've got his point. I've been unemployed for a month now but I don't feel like doing anything I would be completely honest. Then I remember what Joe told me.

You've got all the time in the world to explore what you missed when you're in the military.

I smiled to myself as I fold my clothes in my bedroom. Speaking of Joe, I haven't seen him in a week already. The last time was in the park with Rami. It was fun considering I get to found out Joe is gay and throughout the day he had to keep Rami's mouth shut because he keeps giving signals that I should hit on his friend. It was hilarious to watch them two fight like kids and Joe's face was all red due to the embarrassment he's having. But I find it very very cute.

At the end of the day, Joe had to apologize for what happened and even though I said it's fine he won't stop saying sorry so I said if he kept going, I won't talk to him. So he stopped.

Then he asked me.

"Uhm, about what Rami said.." he trailed off.

"Rami said a lot of things. Which one?" It's true that Rami talked so many things but I specifically knew which of it was he referring to. I just want to loosen up a bit because he stiffened in his place.

It indeed made him smile a bit. "You're kind of a bitch, you know?" I just shrugged. "The gay thing!"

"Oi." I raised my brow as I look at him. "What about it?"

"You're not.." again, I just shrugged.

"I don't mind it. No big deal. We're on the same page."

Everytime his reaction pops in my head I couldn't help but to giggle. His eyes widened in shock and couldn't complete a sentence without stuttering. It was awkward at first because all he said was "what?" with, like I've said, stutter; then I just shrug. I was too preoccupied admiring his presence that night I can't speak. But then I've told him that I was, in fact, gay and that he shouldn't feel bad that Rami spoke for him about it to me. I told him it was cute, which brought blush to his face and I simply can't take it anymore I had to say goodnight. I don't want to get too aggressive. He said his goodnight with a little wave before we parted ways.

I wonder what he's up to, I thought.

Maybe I should pay him a visit. He mentioned that he's most at home, unless he has to go outside and meet clients for projects and such.

I went to pick my phone from my night stand when I remembered something. "Shit I don't have his mobile number." I scratched my nape in annoyance. Why did I forget to ask for his number, of all things..

"Aha!" I went to contacts and tap on Rami's name. I know it's kind of awkward to text him just to ask for Joe's number but they're bestfriends and it's odd if he doesn't have his mobile phone.

Hey, Rami. It's me Ben. Can I ask you a favour?
Sent 10:24

Another minute had passed and my phone rang, making me jump slightly before picking it up.

Rami calling.

"Hello Ra—"

"What is wrong, Ben? Do I have to fetch you? Are you okay?" Rami cut me off with questions, he seemed very concerned and I was overwhelmed. I can hear some voices in the background asking him not to scare me.

"Benjamin!"

"Ah, yeah. No— I mean I'm fine. I'm good. I just texted you to ask if I can get Joe's mobile num—"

"You're asking for Joe's number?" Rami repeated and I nod in response, completely forgetting that I'm speaking with him over the phone.

"Y-yeah. If that's okay—"

"I've sent his phone number! Goodluck, my friend. Don't rush things. I'm sure he'll say yes even if it'll take you a while—"

"Rami, stop that!" A girl screamed in the background. I bet she's Lucy, his girlfriend.

"Uh.."

"I'm just saying." Rami ignored her completely. "I'll go ahead now so you can text him and both of you start the flirting! Bye, darling!"

Then the call ended. I noticed he indeed texted me while we're on the call and it excites me. I was about to text him when an idea popped into my head like a lightbulb. I grinned like an idiot and saved his number, sending him a text right after.

Hey buddy.
Sent 10:30 ✓

It took him ten minutes to respond and when my phone beeped my body tensed. It feels like teenage years when your crush looks at you and smile so your stomach churns and you feel all giddy inside.

Joe.
Who is this?
Received 10:40

I forgot he didn't know it was me and I rolled my eyes. It's so stupid of me.

Sorry sorry. It's Ben.
Sent 10:41 ✓

Joe.
Ben! Where'd you get my num?
Received 10:41

I asked Rami. Haha sorry. Are you busy?
Sent 10:41✓

Took him five minutes and I'm not good with anticipation. I don't know if my idea was good in the first place I just hope he's free all day.

Joe.
Guess so. What's up?
Received 10:46

Lovely! Would you like to accompany me today?
Sent 10:47✓

Good job, Ben. That sounds nothing like you're asking him on a date.