𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | " 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎. "

Joe.

And I just stood there like a fucking twig, staring at the man with these piercing blue eyes and timid smile while holding a huge black bag full of trash.

What a great way to meet someone this attractive, isn't it?

Seems like the braincell is now back in my brain that my hand began moving to grab his own and shake it firmly, you know how humans interact with other humans.

But you sure don't know how to interact with beautiful people like him, Joe. Do you?

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Joe." I there said it without cracking up, quicking tugging my hand away and proceeded on doing what I actually want to do- him- no, the fucking gARBAGE.

Two two just watched me yeet the bag into the dumpster, dust my hands off my pants and walk back to them with my super awkward smile. (I know you know that smile from him) and they're smiling back at me.

"Well, Benjamin like I've said is one of kids running in the streets back in the day.." Mister Jim spoke, breaking the thin ice between me and Ben. "If I'm not mistaken you're the same age as Rami right?"

Ben nodded as if he's really waiting for the opportunity to speak about it. "Oh, yeah. Right, Rami! I remember him. Yeah." He keeps nodding as he tuck his hands into his short pockets, flexing his arms.

"I'm friends with Rami. Bestfriends." I quoted, just to have something to say.

"Really? Is he still here? Wow. That's awesome!" Ben replied, turning his head towards me and beamed. "He's the only person I know in the neighbourhood. I'm so glad he's still here. Where can I see him? Oh, wait. I don't even know if he still remembers me."

For a guy who's been away from this place for a long time, it seems like he's been wanting to come back but there's just something that stops him from doing so. Not that I'm nosey about his life but I'm actually curious why his grandparents left the town and told no one where did they go and after ten years we see this gorgeous Ben trying to reunite with old pals.

Wait, should I tell him where Rami works? "He should be at work by this time. Well, if he won't be late like he always do." We both cracked at the my joke but it's true.

"You should give him a little tour around since you've been here quite a long time, Joey-boy!" Mister Jim patted both of our shoulders. "I need to go back home and prepare dinner for Freddie. And Benjamin?" He faced Ben with so much concern.

"I'm so happy you're back home. Home with us." They had this look on their faces that I don't quite understood but maybe it's something about the past and I don't want to ask because I'll look weird or something.

Ben nodded as he grab the older man's hand and held it tightly, whispering. "I'm home. Thank you, uncle Jim." He said and pulls him into a hug.

Once they're apart, Mister Jim waved at us goodbye as started walking back to his home. Silence took over for a while until Ben coughed a bit, probably just to divert my clouded attention to his.

"So you live next door?" He asked, almost inaudible. He had kept his shy approach to me which I found very disturbing because the last time I remember, this is the same man that almost made me wanna move out from my friend's apartment.

"Uh, yeah. Right next to yours." I nodded as I speak, pointing to the one on the left. "Rami's work is actually just a few corners away from here." I've added as we begin to cross the road, seeing children gather around to play.

Well, the sky isn't clear nor cloudy. It's shady enough to invite everyone for a walk and nice chat as the sunset goes. Ben and I both took slow steps for I don't know what reason but I'm assuming because we are talking and needed more time, normal steps would cut our conversation off because before we know it, we're already infront of our little gates.

"Oh, where does he work by the way?" His accent is so thick, Jesus. I mean- Gwilym is also British and I do understand what he says. Ben on the other hand, you might need to focus on his lips. I don't mean it in any sexual way.

"Where he works? Yeah, he works at Mary Claire's. It's a restaurant. His girlfriend's grandma owns it. But he's just a part-time. He's actually a theater actor." I rambled, shrugging my shoulder as my foot decided to kick these little rocks off my way. Yes. I'm looking down on my feet as we speak.

I can't look directly into his eyes, forgive me.

"That is so cool!" He commented, chuckling at every bit of information he would find out. He gets fascinated about things. He seems very very soft.

Despite looking like a tough guy.

I just smiled to his response as soon as we reach our own houses. "Would you like to see him now? I could go with you-" Shit why am I even offering myself to be his tour guide.

"I would like to but I don't want to disturb your cleaning. I also need to finish unpacking my stuff here. I guess, I'll just knock on your door, is that okay?" He asked, a frown is forming on his forehead as his lips began to twitch.

"Yeah, sure. That'd be cool. I have to make sure the house is clean before Gwilym gets home." I giggled then remembering he doesn't even know Gwilym. "I'll see you around, Ben?"

He slightly jumped and nodded furiously, plastering another smile. "Yes, see you around Joe." And with that he quickly entered his house as I watched him closed his door, sighing as I enter our own apartment.

I rested my back against the closed door and scan the entire living room, overlooking the kitchen and dining area as I contemplate on what to do.

After minutes of tapping my fingers across the wooden door I've finally decided to just go with it. "You must not fuck this up, Joseph." I muttered as I marched towards the kitchen.

I'm baking cookies for Ben.

-×-

𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧: 𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 »
https://youtu.be/vqKoQIOCI68

Ben.

Once again, I'm sorrounded by silence inside the empty house although the old radio is playing from my room. I ran my eyes across the scenery, the furnitures were still on their place as I could remember them. The vinyls are still stacked neatly. The slightly old appliances were still here. Nothing has changed.

Except for the fact that I'll be living in this huge four walls they call a house alone. This is worse than being send off to a whole different country to protect people. At least when you're there, you have a purpose. A mission.

I don't even know why the fuck I came back.

The memories are too much to handle, memories I don't want to recall. Memories that were too precious to forget yet too painful to reminisce.

It was until I noticed that my cheeks felt wet I only realized that I've been crying. I quickly wiped them off with the back of my palm and launch myself down the dusty couch, breathing deeply.

Bring it back, bring it back
Please take it back home to me
Because you don't know
What it means to me..

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲. :‹
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐁𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡?
-𝐫.