𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | "𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢."

Ben.

"Whatever you have in mind, don't."

Officer Leech won't let me visit and talk to Ronald even though he was in a secluded cell guarded by several police.

Yes, he was placed in a cell because he is notorious. He's had a lot of cases under his belt. "It's not like I'm going to kill him, Officer. I just want to talk and ask him why he did it. I have so many questions and all would be only answered by him. You can put him on the phone or what." I begged. Officer Leech on the other hand didn't look at me, instead he glanced at Uncle Jim who went with me today.

I turned to face Uncle Jim too. "Guys, come on. I won't cause harm. I just want a closure. Uncle, please?"

It took a while before the old man nod his head as an approval. Officer Leech sighed, walking pass us and inside the office. "Fine, but we'll do it from one room to another and you'll talk to him through the phone okay?" I nodded in agreement as Officer Leech dialed a number on the telephone.

"Yes, this is Leech. Transfer Mazzello to the visitor's quarter. Keep his handcuffs, we're coming in."

I swallowed the lump in the throat. I'm nervous, not because I'm scared of him but it's more likely because of how he will react seeing me. Is he going to apologize and regret everything, is he going to face me or worse, is he going to spat in my face that he's not sorry for what he did and that's just going to prove how much of a demon he is.

Officer Leech asked us to follow him downstairs to the visitor's quarter. The walk was quiet and all you could hear was our footsteps. When we reached the quarter, Uncle Jim took a step back. "Remember, violence is never an answer."

I took a deep breath, giving Officer Leech a nod before he open the door. The man was already on the other side of the room, both parts were separated by a glass window. Our side is soundproof so we can hear what he's saying and he wouldn't know mine.

Officer Leech spoke on the phone first. "Mazzello, this is Benjamin Jones and he wants to talk to you. Of course, you remember the Jones' right? The poor couple you and Esteban Maniquez murdered. You have five seconds to say yes or no. If you don't respond, I'll take it as a yes."

He didn't move nor blink and it's annoying me. It's like he didn't care and he's pretending we're not here. Five seconds had passed and we still haven't receive anything from him so I snatched the telephone from Officer Leech.

"Look at me, I'm sure you'll remember this face."

That's the only time he slightly looked up and his eyes widened. "You—"

"Yes, it's me. I'm your son's boyfriend. Who would thought our paths will cross this way, Mister Mazzello."

"You faggot!" He yelled, forcing the handcuffs off his wrists. I'm sure they'll burn his skin but I could only care less. "What do you want?"

"I want you to admit your involvement into Jones' murder!"

"I don't know what the fuck are you talking about."

"Of course you don't know! Let me remind you, Taylor Jones and Frederick Hutton reported to the police that house number 105 to the right of our street is suspicious and that they think it is a hideout for drug activities."

Ronald just blinked so I continued. "Three month into the investigation, the police raid the house and arrested five suspects. One admits two had ran away and they're the facilitators of the place. Cases are filed against them and now they're still in jail ten years after. But that's not what I want you to remember." My voice started shaking but I'm trying to keep my cool. I needed to do this.