𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | " 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚢.. "

Joe.

I froze in my place. She saw it too. SHE SAW IT. But the look on her face were just wonder and confusion, moving her head from an angle to another probably to find a good view of what's inside the house. It looks weird when she does that because Lucy seems like this nice pastel girl but to tell you what, she's a total gay girl. It's not just obvious but being her friend is a ride or die.

"Luc-"

The terrifying instrumental of Thriller made us both scream in terror. I glared at Rami who's now a laughing mess on the couch as Lucy threw the onion at him. We waited for him to soothe his laughter and when he does he left my phone on top of the couch cushion and included himself with us. "You should've seen your faces. What are you talking about, did you get yourself a man now darling?" He asked which I dismissed with a-

"Ew, no."

"Ram, isn't the house owned by the Jones?" Lucy interrupted, Rami nodded and glanced at the window as if it's a movie screen. He even walked closer to open the window frames. Now it looks like we're these stereotypical neighbours that are so nosey about the newly moved in people.

Now, I can confirm that it isn't a ghost because Lucy have seen it- I mean him. He's a he. Wow that took a huge thorn out of my chest.

"Yeah, Roger and Taylor Jones. The sweet couple that used to give chocolates every Halloween. Poor souls. What about it, love?"

Lucy pointed at the man who's now walking back and forth the living room and just taking the covers off the furnitures.

"Wait a second..." Rami started off, holding his chin with his fingers as if he just about to drop the biggest tea of the decade. "So it was planned."

I saw Lucy's brows furrowed in confusion the same time as mine. We looked at each other and back to the small brunette lad.

"The fuck are you talking about?" I said.

Rami scooted closer to us and began telling stories about the Jones. It was weird that he knows about the couple but then again this is just a small neighbourhood. Everyone knows everyone and they care for each other. That's why it's not hard to tell that when Roger and Taylor disappeared, everyone was worried.

"Remember I told you both the couple just gone missing? Come to think of it, covering the furniture means you actually plan on leaving, right? Right? It isn't a mystery at all- they really did plan on leaving this place. But why? Now, that's a mystery and I'm going to find out-"

He walked out on us and headed towards the front door. I know what he is up to, he's going to bombard the guy next door and ask questions and it would make him look like a psycho. We didn't approve of that so Lucy quickly tugged him back by the hem of his shirt as I rushed towards the door and locked it.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Lucy asked in a high-pitched tone.

"I'm going to ask him if he's Ben." Rami answered as if his idea is just a normal thing to do.

"Ben?" I muttered the name back.

"Yeah, Ben. The grandkid's name is Ben I just remembered. I went to first grade with him then he was home schooled. I haven't seen him after the school year ends and it's been twenty years."

Ben. Not a bad name for such a good face- wait, what?

"You ain't going anywhere Ram." I picked up the onion Lucy had thrown at him and placed in on the counter table. "I actually saw him earlier." Maybe I should tell them both what made me ask them to accompany.

I mean, come on!

"I just woke up and I thought he's a ghost or something and he's just starting at me from his window without any emotion plastered on his face so I got scared and decided to drag anyone I could so I wouldn't be alone until Gwil comes back on Tuesday." I confessed, looking down at my feet and made this dramatic hand gestures as I speak. I waited for a minute before I bring my eyes back to them and there goes Rami with his disbelief look on his face and Lucy's reddened one due to forcing herself not to laugh.

"Why didn't we notice that you're gay.." All it took was Rami to speak out and Lucy gave up. She laughed hysterically with arms on her stomach, her eyes begin to water.

"Dear, Joe.." she lets out in between her laugh.

"Well, sorry I couldn't help it!" I retorted, squinting my eyes at them as I huffed in annoyance. "That damn guy just popped out of nowhere, how could you blame me for thinking that way, huh?"

"I've got your point, darling. But it's just hilarious that you didn't sit down and think maybe he isn't a ghost from World War II." Rami said, taking a seat from one of the chairs around them.

"Agreed. Sometimes you gotta stop overreacting to things, Joe. It's alarming." Lucy had suppressed her laughter and is now headed towards the cabinet to get some bowls and knife along with the chopping board and started cutting the vegetables infront of her: I think she's going for a curry tonight.

I just sighed and grabbed my phone from the pillow, scrolling through the songs and picked Radio by Lana del Rey. "I admit. I must have overreacted. But hey, I'm still planning to invite you guys even if he didn't scare me." I said thoughtfully.

"You owe us an explanation, though." Lucy started off, which made me groan loudly.

"What do I have to explain further?!"

"Everything! I'm your besfriend and you should have told me about it! Whatever reason it is that you have, it's unacceptable. You know I love and accept you no matter what!" Rami spoke.

"Excuse me, but I know him first. I am the best friend." Lucy fired back, raising her brow as she thrusted her hip forward with a hand on her waist while the other holding the knife.

She looks terrifying.

And Rami felt the same thing.

"I'm just saying, love. He shouldn't kept it for this long- how long have you been hiding it from us?" Rami turned to me and widened his eyes, shooting me a sign to answer the fucking question to divert Lucy's attention.

"Well, um.. ever since high school?" I awkwardly answered, then we heard Lucy stabbed the wooden chopping board with the knife. Leaving it there.

"High school?!" She exclaimed.

"Look, I am sorry! I know I should've told you about it but I just don't know how. And I thought it's obvious!" I explained.

The couple looked at each other and nods in agreement. "Yeah, yeah it's obvious darling."

"Yeah, we just chose to ignore it."

I just love the fact that we four share the same last braincell and just bouncing from one to another periodically. And right now I think Gwilym took it with him to England.

𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐚'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐈- 𝐧𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐊𝐒𝐊𝐒𝐊𝐒 𝐈 𝐥𝐮𝐯 𝐮 𝐯𝐯 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠.

ALSO LOOK AT THIS

ALSO LOOK AT THIS. THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I IMAGINE OF LUCY AND JOE IN THE STORY. FRIENDSHIP GOALS. -𝐫.