𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐭. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | "𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍, 𝚁𝚊𝚖𝚒."

Ben.

"You know what I think, darling?" I eagerly nod at Rami's question as he placed my ordered drink in front of me. Right after school I rushed to Rami's work so I could get a somewhat good advice of what should I do. I asked him for coffee but instead a cup of tea is infront of me. I questioningly looked at him and he gave me a stern look.

"You ain't gonna drink coffee and then palpitate infront of Joe. He's gonna think you're dying and you wouldn't be able to pop the question, darling! Get it right!" At first he was calm then halfway through the sentence he just bursted out.

I sighed, bringing the cup near my mouth to sip its content. Well, that indeed soothes my nerves down. Rami gave me a happy sigh before taking the seat across me. "Okay, now that you're tamed— let me tell what I think." Again, I nodded eagerly but I can't put the cup down, the warmth relieves my growing anxiety.

"Like you, I am conflicted. We're all confused why in the goddamn world Joseph acts like he doesn't want to be seen publicly with you."

"That was cold, Rami."

"I know, darling. But that's the truth. You said he's sweet online but he distancing himself when you and him were alone."

When Rami speaks what your mind refuses to think of, it's like a slap in the face. That's all true. Joe seems like he doesn't want me to be around me physically. He used to hold my hand when I don't do it first and recently he's just. I don't know.

"You're planning to ask him later?" I turned my face at him in shock. How does he know? Am I that obvious? Transparent?

"I don't know.. I mean, I want to. I want to do it so bad." I startled, finally letting go of the now empty cup of tea. "Do you think it's a good idea?"

"Oh, you should go for it."

"That sounds sarcastic—"

"Don't take it seriously, darling! I always talk like this. But—" I poked my nose with his finger. "If he say yes, which of course he will. Promise us that you'll do everything to make him feel comfortable enough so he could tell you what's going on. I don't want to force him, neither Gwily and Lucy because we don't know how to handle Joe being secretive! But you. Oh Ben— you have no idea."

I smiled sheepishly. "That's exactly my plan. I'm so excited to ask him if he could be my boyfrie—"

Rami screamed.

"What happened?!" I panicked and held him by his shoulders, good thing nobody's inside the restaurant aside from us and few waiters that aren't bothered by the terror sound my friend just made. It seems like he's seen a dinosaur.

"I just got excited thinking both of you will officially be boyfriends."

"Oh Rami.." I let go of him and slouched back to my seat.

"You'll do great, sweetheart." Rami caressed my arm fondly. "He should say yes or else I will snap his neck."

"Please don't do that to my boyfriend."

He just screamed louder.

—••

I ran as fast as I could, not caring about the bunch of people I've bumped into. I don't care if they yelled or they get mad. I don't care if I knocked down a trolley full of groceries. I don't care if I pushed a child out of my way.

I need to clear my path so I could run.

My heart is beating so loud and fast and tears began rolling down my cheeks as I continue my journey to find him. I am so worried.

I kicked the door open and revealed the couple with the same worried faces as me, with the tall man holding his phone to his ear muttering curse words.

"Where is he?!"

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞.