alone

The moment we got home I ran to my room and locked the door. I was holding my face the hole time cause I didn't know what it looked like. And if there was a hand print I couldn't let them see it. I looked in the mirror. It was really really red. You could tell it wasn't going away soon. It mostly hurt mentally. But stung a lot. I sat on the floor crying. I heard heavy knocking on my door.

"Alice! What did he do to you!?" My father said.

"Nothing. I just decided that relationships are too overwelming right now." I answered. I heard him go back upstairs. I heard him and mom arguing. My mom came down. I could tell it was her because there were soft knocks.

"Honey? Can you please open up? I want to talk to you." She said calmly. I got up and unlocked the door. I sat on my bed still crying. She sat on my bed next to me. Giving me a hug. Jordan kept calling. So I pulled my phone on silent and put it on the other side of the room. "Please. Tell me what happened." She begged. I felt bad for telling her. He trusted me of not telling anyone it. But I had to.

"Yesterday. He said because he now knew the thing I tried to keep a secret he thought the best thing to do was tell him his. So he told me. But that's barely even the reason we broke up." I said.

"I won't tell anyone. I swear on my life." My mom swore.

"Yesterday he admitted to using Heroin. I told him we'd get through this and that I'd help him. I acted like I was asleep last night and I saw him quietly get up, get a bag, then come back like 3 minutes later really drowsy." I stopped for a few seconds to catch my breath to keep talking. "This morning I didn't want to mention it to him. But I couldn't even look him in the eye. He kept demanding for me to tell him what's wrong. And I kept refusing. After about ten minutes of arguing he... he hit me. We were both in totally shock of what happened. I ran our of his room and yelled at him why I was acting that way. I ran about a block and couldn't take it anymore so I called you." I said. She didn't know what to say so she just hugged me.

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm so sorry that happened to you." She said.

"I'm scared. But not because he hit me. Because I still love him." I said. "He keeps calling. And I want to answer. And tell him it's alright. But I'm scared that you will be scared for me an despise him. And try to drag me away from him." I added.

"Alice. I know that you're tough. You've been through a lot. And you fought it all. Yes, it'll take me a while to be able to look him in the eye. But I want you to listen to your heart, and your brain. I won't stop you from love. Just promise me that if he does any thing else that'd be considered abuse to tell me. Please." She pleaded. I promised her. She left me alone. For 7 minutes I watched my phone go off over and over again. Until I finally decided to power off my phone. I soon ran out of tears. They just stopped coming. How am I gonna face him in school tomorrow? Especially the project. I sighed. I stayed in my room for the rest of the day.