surprise

I woke up the next morning to my mom turning on my light. It took me 10 minutes to get out if bed. So even less time to get ready. I went upstairs and set at the table. My dad was there already eating. For the first I'm in a while I was actually in a good yet exhausted mood.

"Why didn't you come come out of your room last night?" I asked him.

"Because I knew he was gonna be here." My dad said not even looking at me. I sighed and finished my breakfast. I went downstairs and got ready. I put on black pants, converse, and an Iron Maiden hoodie. Got my bag and walked back upstairs. My mom stopped me.

"Hey. Would it be okay if you just come home after school, just you? Your birthday's coming up and I thought we could go over it sense it's your 18th." My mom said.

"Okay. Bye love you!" I said walking out.

I was just barely on time. Jordan came in a few minutes late. Like always. But this time with a black eye.

"Sorry I was running late leaving my house to get here." He said.

"Why do you have a whole bunch of bruises!?" The teacher asked.

"My brother got really drunk last night and when I told him that I used his werewolf mask last night he got mad and litterly threw my Infant Annihilator cd out the window. So we got in a fight and we both got bruises." He answered.

"That's was you, who scared me!?" A girl stood up and yelled.

"Did a werewolf with a crap tone of fake blood jump out from behind you." Jordan laughed. "If so, then yes." He added. I started laughing.

"You litterly ran to your boyfriend and he pushed you out of the way. And was about to punch Jordan because of it. But your friends pulled dhim away." I laughed. She started to get embarrassed and sat down. Everyone was laughing. I could tell the teacher was trying not to laugh either.

"Wait, Infant Annihilator cd!? Is that like some type of recording of murder!?" A kid yelled out. Jordan and I started laughing histarically.

"Infant Annihilator is a band dude!" Jordan laughed. He then sat down.

"Is your cd okay?" I asked him.

"No, it broke." He said looking down. I giggled a little bit.

****after school****

I walked our of the school. Like usual, Jordan was sitting on the side walk off of school grounds. Smoking a cigarette. I sat next to him

"I've been meaning to ask you. Why do I litterly only see you in first hour and not the rest of the day? Not even at lunch." I asked him.

"Cause I get my attendance taken in first hour. And just leave for the rest of the day and as far as the school knows. I'm there cause I'm not marked absent for the day. Then just meet you here" He answered. "The only reason I haven't fully dropped out yet is because I know that they'll call my brother about my absence. And my brother dropped out so he'll get mad if he finds out that I did too. He got mad enough when I had to repeat senior year." He added.

"Oh. I guess I never realized that." I said looking down. I never knew that he flunked. I always imagined him being my age. So that's make him 18. Turning 19. I never knew that. But I didn't want to bring it up. I knew it'd be a long, hard, conversation. He stood up and put out his cigarette by stepping on it leaving it on the ground. I stood up too. "Oh yeah. And this morning my mom asked if I could just come home after school. Sorry. I'll call you tonight though." I said.

"Why does your mom just want you to come home?" He asked.

"Oh. She just wants to talk about my birthday that's coming up. Sense I'm turning 18, she wants to talk about it." I answered.

"Woah! Your birthday's coming up!? Ha! What day!?" He asked.

"The 4th." I said.

"No way!? Mines the 9th!" H laughed. I smiled. Cool. "Anyway. Talk to you later. Bye!" He said giving me a kiss. I walked home thinking about how he's gonna be 19. Why does this effect m so hard? I walked in and went to the kitchen table where my mom was. I dropped my backpack and sat down.