Chapter Two: Welcome to Purgatory

Somewhere in a Deep Forest

As Nikita parked the car, we all got out of the car. I grabbed the crystal and got out to catch up with the other two. "What are we doing out here?", I asked. "This is where Joey told us to meet him.", Nikita said as we kept on walking. We walked through the forest for a few minutes, until we finally got to the spot. And over by our spot, was Matt. "Hey! You guys finally made it!", he said as I ran to give him a hug. "Where's Joey?", I asked him. "He's on his way now. He had to go get something quickly.", Matt said as I went back over to Nikita. I placed the crystal down on this long piece of rock, and there was something else on it: A crown with eight beautiful crystal jewels. "What's this?", I asked while observing the crown. "That's the crown of oblivion. Joey said that he got it after getting killed by a sorceress back then.", Matt explained as I looked surprised. I had no idea what trouble Joey got himself into back then, and I didn't want to find out. As we waited a few more minutes later, Joey finally came with a large box in his hands. "Finally, you're here.", I told him while giving him a hug. "You guys got what I asked for?", he asked the group. "Yeah. What took you so long?", Matt asked him. "So, is this a bad time to mention that I'm inviting someone to the party?", Nikita said to Matt and Joey. I heard footsteps coming behind me, and saw Bretman coming to join the group. "The party's here!~", Bretman said as Joey stood quiet for a second. "Nikita, I told you not to invite anyone. Just only to go pick up Genesis.", Joey reminded Nikita. "Wait, so he wasn't invited? I was right, kind of...", I said in my mind. "This is going to be a dangerous mission.", Joey said as he looked at Bretman. However, just by looking at him, Bretman really didn't mind at all. "The only danger here is this fat ass.", he complimented himself as I rolled my eyes. "Great... Another person with a giant ego...", I said as Bretman looked at me quickly. As he was about to say something to me, I heard more footsteps coming our way. Turns out that it was the Society Against Evil, Jael and Ryu. "You ready?", Jael asked us all. "Okay, now that we're all here, let's do this thing.", Joey told us. Jael took out the map she brought and placed it down on the rock. "This is where your friends are being kept. To enter the Museum of the Dead, we need to create a gateway to purgatory. The crown generates the power. The cursed artifact has an evil to cut through the barrier protecting it. And the life crystal allows entering without dying.", Jael explained to us all while showing us the map. We all then started to place each symbol on a different center of the rock, and listened for more instructions. "Not if the crown won't last very long.", Ryu pointed out as I placed the crown down in the center of candles. "Joey, you're going to be here. You take Nikita, Genesis, and Bretman to where your friends are. I'll take the rest through the roof. The museum's collector should be avoided at all costs.", Jael said while pointing out where to go on the map. "And, what about me? I did cancel my live stream for this.", Matt said to her. Jael said that he'll be with her, and went over to the crystal. Just then, she and Ryu used their powers on the symbols and they started to glow. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a blue portal appears. It looked like it was in the shape of a heart, in my perspective by just looking at it. "Go bitches!", Nikita told us. Joey grabbed my hand and we ran through the portal.

In some Forest-Like Jungle

Bretman was the last one to come through, and the portal disappears. "The portal... They couldn't make it on time!", I said while seeing it fade away. "What happened?", Bretman asked. Joey said that it was supposed to stay open, but it clearly didn't. However, Ryu did say something about the crown not being that strong for so long. "Are you saying we're stuck here?", Bretman asked as I looked at Joey all worried. "Oh no... What are we going to do?", I asked. Joey grabbed my hands and looked at me. Just getting the thought about him grabbing my hands, is making me remember the kiss we did last year. "I'm sure they're gonna figure it out, okay? Let's just focus on the mission, come on!", he told me and Bretman. We all then start to run through this weird jungle-looking forest, and Bretman asks where are we going. However, all Joey said was that he knows where to go, but he's not so sure about it. After running for about a few minutes, we all duck down to see this large museum in front of us. Also, there's this woman that's coming out of it with a Medusa-looking figure and her Egyptian looking guards. "That's the Collector.", he tells us quietly. I hear the Collector telling her guards to watch her museum while she goes get some more pieces for it. As one guard bows down to her, the Medusa girl places something around his neck. The Collector then used her powers to create a portal, and disappears in it. Once she left, the guards stood there, and their eyes glowed bright yellow. "Let's go.", Joey tells us as we quickly and quietly make it pass the guards.