Chapter Fifteen: Wine, Anyone?

"You guys? We only have a couple hours until we turn into setting powders.", Brentman told us as he saw the clock. "No shit, Brentman! Don't you think we know that already?", I said to him. But as I did, we all heard a crash coming from the other room. So just like the rebels that we "kind of are", we all walk to see what was that noise.

In a Dining Room

We all walked into this dining room that looked so beautiful, and it had a chair with an arrow on it. "Alex, isn't that one of your arrows?", I asked him with a giggle. As he smiled at me, Joey pulled out this note that was on the arrow.

   Camelot has fallen. The Black Knight has plundered the land and murdered King Arthur. He now guards the next jeweled key. To defeat him you must pull Excalibur from the stone, for it is the only blade he fears. The most holy among you must kneel before the cross to know Arthur's will.

My Confession: So basically, one of us has to kneel down to the cross; and that person has to be very holy. I wonder who that could be...

Everyone started to talk amongst themselves, and wondered who could be the most holy. "Do we have any virgins in the room?", Alex asked us. However, everyone remained quiet. I'm pretty sure that no one was going to answer that question at all. "Colleen, you're the most holy.", Joey said as Colleen looked up. "I have the most holes. I just gave birth to a child, so... There's a lot happening.", she said as I giggled a bit. I never thought I hear her say that. "Well, maybe the cross will work for you. Try it.", I said to her. Colleen went up the cross and bowed down to it. Once that was completed, a chest opened up behind us. And inside it, was a green bottle and another note. I looked at the note quickly and summarized it into something short and sweet; considering the fact that it was so freakin long, and that our lives are at stake. "Okay, here's what we need to do: This bottle is wine. We all need to drink some with the chalices that are on the table, like knights, and retrieve the next clue. But we need to choose wisely, because two chalices are cursed, and those two with those chalices will be up for vote in the death challenge.", I told everyone. After giving them all the information that they needed, we all circled around the table to choose the right chalice, and Joey poured in the wine in each chalice. But as he did, we all heard someone talking to us all. However, no one else in the room except for me, the group, Mortimer, and the sorceress.

My Confession: Turns out that there's this story that's playing, and it's telling us about the Black Knight. However, we're all listening for hints it might give us. The story, we didn't care!

Once the story finished, we all went back to choosing our drinks. I couldn't make up my mind at all, so I just went for a chalice that was all plain gold, and sat down in the chair.

My Confession: I don't drink wine at all, but I have to do it in order to survive.

After giving a cheers, we all drank. The wine tasted so strong when it was in my mouth, but I was able to hold it down. After drinking, we all saw Tana and Gabbie's chalices glowing bright red. "Guys, your cups! You two have been cursed.", I told them both as everyone else said the same thing. As we did, we all saw that there was the next clue we needed. I opened it up and saw what it said. "It says, go out and find Merlin.", I told everyone while showing them all the note. Turns out that it was also a map that showed us where to go.

My Confession: I can't believe that we're about to meet the actual Merlin from the King Arthur stories. I love this guy so much, he is my favorite character of all time in the story.