Chapter Six: Riddle Me This

The group decided to go find each thing by splitting up into two groups. I was with Joey, Justine, Alex, Gabbie, and Colleen. We all walked straight back to the Egyptian Exhibit to find the sphinx, and we're all looking everywhere with caution. As I flip over a vase, I saw something coming out of it. "Guys, I found a key.", I tell the others.

My Confession: After getting a key, the queen tells me to give it to her and she opens up this small box with a lock on it. And inside the box, was one of Joey's favorite rocks of all time: A crystal.

As the queen held up the crystal, she tells us that she doesn't know why there is a scroll inside it. I saw what she meant and looked at Joey. I could tell that he was in love with that ball, but I knew that he had to break it if he wants the scroll. "Just slam it like its hot, Joey!", I encourage him. He then threw the crystal on the ground hard, and it broke. I then picked up the scroll and told the group what it said; considering the fact that it was so tiny to even read very well. "The scroll says that the box can be opened by one's blood who is responsible for the mummy's return. There are six urns that need to be placed in the right order. The goddess holding the light over there will blink once if you've got the urn right. If she blinks twice, then you have to try again. And each wrong you make, will have your card in the voting pile. The oldest goes first, and then the next will follow.", I read the tiny scroll to the others.

My Confession: The box says that it holds the sphinx. So in order to get the box opened, we have to put each urn in the right order. Hopefully, this won't be that bad. I've solved a lot of riddles back in the past, so I'm sure that this shouldn't be hard.

After getting in lined with the group, Justine went first. "I eat and I speak.", she read the first riddle. I looked at Justine and saw that she was a bit confused on what it could be. But, I'm sure me and the group already thought about of what it was. "I'm just going to go with this one.", Justine said as she went to go place her urn down. We all waited for the light to flick once, except it did it twice. "Girl, that's not right. Try again.", I told her. Justine took her urn and placed it on her second choice, and she was wrong again. Me and the group then went over to help her, and Alex said that he found a picture of a mouth. "I thought it was an eye.", Justine said as she placed the urn down on it. Finally, she got it right. After getting that taken care of, Gabbie was up next. Next came to Joey, then Colleen, and now me. "I don't breathe air but I breathe water.", I read the riddle. I figured that this wasn't that hard to solve at all. I picked up my urn and took it to the picture with a fish on it. Next thing you know, I was right.

My Confession: Pfft! It's like solving a children's crossword puzzle.

Alex was the last one to go. "I burn for hours.", he read the riddle. I then told him that it was a candle, and he points out that the picture he saw looked like a candle holder. So after placing the urn down, another box opens. Everyone cheered as Joey took out what was inside of it: The Staff of Nile. "Remember, this thing can tell who's responsible for the pharaoh's death. So, let's see who's the murderer.", I told the group. Joey went over one by one to check each of our foreheads, and luckily none of us were lying. He then went over to the sorceress, and she wasn't lying either. "You!", Joey said to the queen as she tried to look natural. "I loved my husband.", she pointed out.

My Confession: Oh my gosh! It's the queen! Obviously!

"I have nothing to do with this staff!", the queen said as she ran out the room. We all chased after her, until we finally caught up to check if she's lying. As Joey placed the staff on her head, the jewel on the staff glowed. "Yep, she's responsible for her husband's death!", I told the group. Now the only thing we needed in order to get the first box open, is to get her blood. Gabbie told Joey that he might had to kill her, but I saw that he didn't want to murder anybody. And in just a flash to my and everyone's surprise, the sorceress took out her blade and killed the queen. I screamed for a second as I saw her getting the blood from the queen's neck; this caused me to literally faint. Alex came over to help me up, and I started to calm down after seeing that happening. The group thanked the sorceress and went back inside the exhibit to get the box to open. Once the blood was on the box, it opened. I pulled out what was inside, and it was one of the sphinx and a note that needed to be read to the entire group. "Guys, I think we need to head back to the other team.", I told them all as we left the exhibit to find the others.

My Confession: I'm actually starting to feel a bit more confident in myself. To be honest really, I haven't been that quick on my feet ever since last year. But now that I'm starting to get used to what's going on here, I think that I might have a chance of surviving.